So there will be a new At The Gates album

I'm stoked to hear it, but I'm afraid that Jens Bogren will have mixed it too soft. A good part of the whole Slaughter of the Soul experience was its very vibey mix, and now I'm wondering if it might sound weirdly middy in the way one of the last Soilwork albums did.

Before Tomas comes in it could be just about any band ranging from God Forbid to Soilwork. There is nothing which aesthetically tells me this is 'At the Gates' other than his voice.

HATE to have to agree, but that's very true. I wonder if they will retain any of the 'classic' At The Gates sounds on the album though. Having said that, Tomas sounds fucking awesome as awlays!

I heard their classic album, years ago, couldnt get into, not a bad band at all but never understand the hype around them. Old In Flames or Dark Tranquility sounds more interesting IMO.

I heard their classic album, years ago, couldnt get into, not a bad band at all but never understand the hype around them. Old In Flames or Dark Tranquility sounds more interesting IMO.

It may help if you take into account when it was written. Slaughter of the Soul was so fresh sounding at the time. It still is, but not to the same extent. You had heard nothing like it before, whereas you have 20 years of imitation since then, which desensitizes you a bit. That record sat at the top of Rasputin's music charts for what seemed like years...

:headbang:

It may help if you take into account when it was written. Slaughter of the Soul was so fresh sounding at the time. It still is, but not to the same extent. You had heard nothing like it before, whereas you have 20 years of imitation since then, which desensitizes you a bit. That record sat at the top of Rasputin's music charts for what seemed like years...

:headbang:

Well put. Even the production was ahead of its time. Pretty much the Reign In Blood of the 90's