so uhhhhh what happened at the gig?

Now this was a mad gig!!

Nearly asphyxiated by the lack of air on the way to Greece but anyways we made it OK o_O

We very quickly sampled the alcohol measures @ the Greek clubs. Man I love it out there. You are asking for a Vodka and orange and the barman just pours the vodka looking at you like: 'Say when and I'll stop'.... keep pouring dude :D

The gig itself was fantastic. It took us a while to sort the sound and equipment out but the Ydrogios club did an excellent job! We met up with the guys from Nevermore and I have to say they are all very nice people!
@ about 8 the place was stormed with about 700 to 800 metalheads, Violent Vortex hit the stage @ about 8:45 and blasted out a very good doom set.

Biomech went on to play about 45 minutes later. Fucking heeeell. I forgot how mad the guys from my hometown are!!!. The guys were very supportive and very lively through out the whole set and we would like to thank them for their support. It's awesome to see people singing the lyrics. It makes it easier for me to remember them :D . No seriously it was an awesome gig for us. The energy from the fans was sky high!!!

Now what followed wasn't that awesome, The guys from Nevermore weren't there after our gig and we found out that Jim Sheppard was rushed to the hospital. We were all gutted for both the guys and the fans. We were waiting there to see what was going to happen when three of the Nevermore dudes turned up. Then they decided to announce that there is a problem and they will might not play the gig. All they needed was an interpreter. They all looked at me...... holy fuck! I had to go out there and explain to 800 Nevermore fans that the band will might not play :ill: .

Well The drummer said something like 'Thanx for your support dudes, we have a problem with one of our guys but be patient' they took it really well, then I translated to whoever didn't quite catch what was said, everybody was down about it but it's just the way these things go. You can't predict health I'm afraid. Later on Nevermore decided to play without bass which I though was an awesome thing to do. They did their best not to let the fans down and that was very cool. Jim get well dude!

The night continued to the Dizzy Rock club were we kept sampling the great Greek alcohol measures with old friends and also with a few dudes and crew from Nevermore :cool: IofTheStorm was there too handing out tequila shots (you da man) and we ended up in a Greek breakfast place @ about 7:45 am.
Well I was glad the guys witnessed what an awesome town Thessaloniki is. :headbang:

Here is the set List :cool:

The Empires of the Worlds *
Do you Know me
Hunted
No Shadows
The Awakening
In the Core of Darkness
Distorted
Painkiller
Regenerated *
Existenz*
Relinquished Destiny*