So, what are you gonna do the day you get Deliverance?

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
Will you pop it in for the car ride back from the store? Will you not listen to it till you can get home and put it in your stereo? Will you refrain and wait till you can put it on your disc man, lie on your bed, shut out the lights, and close your eyes? Will you bring it home, put it on your mantle, and not open it till Halloween?

It IS the heavy one, and I find Opeth to be awesome driving music usually, so I'll probably throw it in the car to see if it passes the almighty Drive Home Test. What are you gonna do?

I have classes that day, which don't start until noon, so I'll wake up bright and early at 8:45 or so, get to the store at 10:00 right when it opens, and go get the CD immediately. They'll probably have to go into the back to get it because at that time I doubt it would be out on the shelves.

Then, I put it on during the car ride home, listen to it at home for another hour or so, listen to it on the way to school, listen to it on the way home from school, listen to it all that day while posting messages on this forum about how awesome it is, burn a copy to keep in my car, sleep, listen to it all the next day... Yep, that's what I'll do.

I'm going to take a stroll through the woods ... I did it when i received "The Mantle" and it was great ...

Depending on which actual day it's released, I may have to take off work to fully enjoy the grandeur.

I might listen to one song on the way home, in order to sate my need. Then, when I get home, I'll pop it into my headphones, turn off the lights and drift away.

Then, of course, I'll come on here and rant and rave about it.

i think im gonna head out to Central park here in New york. Take a few beers with me, and just find a quiet spot and good headphones. That'll keep me in the woods for a couple hours.

s

I'll probably get it delivered, so if I've got time before uni I'll have a listen. If not, it'll have to wait 'till I get home. Then I'll listen non-stop for a few times.

I know there arent gonna be any stores around here that will carry it, cause stores are assholes, so I'm gonna download it, not listen to any until I can burn it in the correct order, and listen straight through about 8 times. And I will certainly buy it as soon as I can possibly get ahold of it. The packaging is a small part of the fun.

Originally posted by Furious B
I'm going to take a stroll through the woods ... I did it when i received "The Mantle" and it was great ...

Nice...Seriously, there's nothing like listening to Opeth during a cool night night, while walking through the woods or pathway surrounded by tress of sorts...it truly delivers on an atmospheric level, no doubt....

Usually, I listen to Opeth (as well as all other metal bands) during the night, with the lights off & volume turned up loud while I drift away into musical beauty...heheh, dark beauty - doesn't get any better.

i wont open its package till ý am fed up with looking
,and maybe i can listen it after buyin another copy
(for emergency)

Nah. I'll probably wait til I get home and pop it in my DVD player. Loved it the first time I saw it. Though the folks I was watching it with couldn't shut up.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Simple. Get home, put it in my stereo, sit somewhere and read the lyrics whilst listening.

well i'll be asleep when it comes here so I told my mother when it arrives (usually around 8 in the morning) to just come down to my room and turn it on at a medium volume ... so the first time i'll listen to the album i'll be asleep . .. and when I wake up ... oh what a wonderful time that will be