So what looks interesting for 2004?

I saw the number of responses to this thread.....and it turns out to be all drunk chit chat!! I was looking forward to 24 intellectual responses. :Smug: :loco:

As far as music goes, Erik got me interested in doom (no, not the sludge fuzz crap). I'm checking out bands like Pantheist, Winter, Dusk, Esoteric, Evoken, Unholy, etc...

THe doom bands will keep my interest for a while. I've also heard Dargaard and Die Verbannten Kinder Evas are releasing new albums this year, so there's my darkwave fix.

Neurosis will also be releasing another album this year, as well as TOday is the Day, so maybe it's another year for insane noisy hardcore.

:lol:

I think I can only do that IIIEIEEIRWWWSSSSS properly while loaded. You're awfully good at it though Russell. :p

I'm most looking forward to:
new Testament (if it gets done this year)
Spastic Ink - Ink Compatible
new Gracepoint
new Spiral Architect (as if they'll ever finish it)
Aghora - Formless (are they even still together?)

Those come to mind first. I'll probably delve into fusion a lot more this year, as well as old-school prog rock from the 70s.

Dreamlord said:
As far as music goes, Erik got me interested in doom (no, not the sludge fuzz crap). I'm checking out bands like Pantheist, Winter, Dusk, Esoteric, Evoken, Unholy, etc...
Hmm. That could be an interesting thread subject one day me thinks...

No, but I now have two new bookmarks to explore. :)

I've heard very little East(ern) European metal, but what I have (Negura Bunget, Nokturnal Mortem, Vader) I find incredible, and quite a different style than more "traditional" lands of metal.