So what's the state of play with new record?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I've kind of lost track with where things were last at with Anthrax writing for the new record. Last I knew of they were keeping 6 or so of the original Worship Music tunes and not tampering with them too much and having Joe re-do the vocals, maybe just change some arrangements.

Then I read they were going to work on some other new stuff during their tour with Slayer / Megadeth. Was that right? Is there any more news to it now that tour is over?

anthrax an news dont quite go together,they shoulda released an ep of songs they wernt going to touch and then write a new record,having joey back on tour with a handful of new tunes would more than satisfy most anthra fans

A possibility of a very heavy and brutal thrash album seems to be getting watered down with a dose of glam rock...

you know, not everyone can do everything. Sometimes not being involved isn't a bad idea. So Joey doesn't write. I am not bothered by that at all. Joey sings, Joey can play drums. That's all good to me :)

Joey can't write his way through a wet paper bag....Scott and Charlie will write the tunes.

except for a couple songs on sown and maybe anyplace but here on wcfya is all bush really contributed with lyrics,scott likes full control of the lyrics and charlie has said many times that he writes all the music,its no secret its all out there and said many times in interviews.

except for a couple songs on sown and maybe anyplace but here on wcfya is all bush really contributed with lyrics,scott likes full control of the lyrics and charlie has said many times that he writes all the music,its no secret its all out there and said many times in interviews.

Inside Out was also a Bush contribution.

I believe I read somewhere that John wrote more lyrics on Volume 8. But you're right that Scott and Charlie have always had full control, or almost full.

Me too, "Fight Em" sounds like it'll be great. If they ever get around to releasing it.

Nah, they won't release it... they'll finish it, then fire Joey and get David Hasselhoff for another 5 years of touring, do a couple of live covers of Looking For Freedom and then call it quits. Or something...

I believe I read somewhere that John wrote more lyrics on Volume 8. But you're right that Scott and Charlie have always had full control, or almost full.
yep correct,i forgot about that whole album and i remember now reading about both ians and bushs relationship struggles etc,thx for correcting me,stomp scott said many times he wrote bulk of lyrics,i guess what i was saying that scott and charlie are anthrax.