So what's your Top 5?

I need to edit my own post. I forgot one release this year that snuck up on me and kicked my butt: Madman's Lullaby - Unhinged

So, I'll replace Delain with Madman's Lullaby.

~Brian~

I changed one of mine too. I had KXM down but replaced it with Anubis Gate's Horizons after listening to it again. I like George Lynch, but in this case there really isn't any doubt as to which is better.

I'll have to check out Madman's Lullaby's Unhinged. I haven't heard it yet, but if it kicked your butt maybe it will kick mine too.

At this point my list is only progressive metal. I've been keeping careful track of that ranking and haven't thought on where I'd slot in my power metal records, and also Brant Bjork's solo album. Woo!

Hemina-Nebulae (Best album I've heard in 4 years)
Bigelf-Into The Maelstrom (They had that best album 4 years ago)
Anbuis Gate- Horizons (I'm really just a sucker for vocal-oriented prog, this is the closest thing I'll get to a Leprous or a Haken in terms of vocal performance this year).
Distorted Harmony- Chain Reaction: Just awesome, very riffy, very progressive. Incredibly catchy at parts.
(Top 4 is obvious, final spot is grueling to pick, choosing randomly from among 4)
Need- Orvam (A Song For Home)

I suck at lists and can't even come close to remember what's come out this year so I'll just go with what I see on some other lists that I know I bought:

Flying Colors - Second Nature
Need - Orvam
Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls
Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope
Anathema - Distant Satellites

I've bought but haven't got to hear Evergrey, Distorted Harmony, or Threshold yet. Gotta say that Xerath did kick ass! Laser's Edge has that one and the second one for only $4.20! :Smokedev:

Sunstrike - Rock Your World
Hammerfall - (r)Evolution
Brother Firetribe - Diamond In The Firepit
Unisonic - Light of Dawn
Work of Art - Framework

Amoral - Fallen Leaves and Dead Sparrows
Malpractice - Turning Tides
Epica - Quantum Enigma
Leviathan - Beholden to Nothing, Braver since Then
Veni Domine - Light

Throwing the list aside.....

Evergrey has just bumped these aside.

Even if I did that, he wouldn't believe me - I was born in the early-to-mid eighties. ;) :lol:

Ah. You did

miss-the-boat.jpg