So, who in Opeth smokes pot?

Lopez is/was a confirmed stoner; I've seen numerous pictures even just on this forum of him and a fan after blazing, after emerging from woods having blazed, etc. Similar stories of Mendez come as no surprise; I believe it's inferable from some chapter of the Opeth biography that the Martins toked, as Mike mentions their then-low tolerance of hard alcohol and one of them vomiting in a potted plant or something.

Weed is a psychedelic depressant-stimulant-intoxicant; that's a pretty broad classification. It can calm you if you're already somewhat calm or trying to become calm, and it can prompt anxiety if you're already somewhat anxious or under stressful circumstances. The word 'psychedelic' means "mind manifesting"; psychedelics simply hold up an augmenting mirror to how you already feel. Hence, weed can both depress and stimulate.

Thx for the info

philno you never stop amazing me of how fucking stupid you are.

Fucking shit thread. Everyone who discusses these questions and pretend to know anything about the Opeth members are as stupid as philno.

lol what the hell

Most important thread ever.

My mate apparently gave Mendez 1.7-3.5g of bud after a gig or something.. Or offered him a smoke.. But he declined saying something like he already had some or was already high.

They've no doubt all tried it, but whether they smoke regularly.. Doubt any of them but Martin does regularly.

About 3 years ago in a concert in St.Petersburg, Mikael said that Mendez was writing down some kind of a book or something on the negative effects of smoking pot....so i guess Mendez was a stoner at one point.

Cool, but i meant certain "types" like Northern Lights, Maui Wowi, etc.

I very much doubt that, of course people grow their own, hell, I had a friend of mine who tried it once, he used his old closet to grow it in :p was pretty amusing. However all the seeds come from plants outside scandinavia or with origins outside scandinavia, at least.

a few of my friends and I are getting a couple of females soon enough, we're going to attempt to grow and groom them. should be fun, although in truth I know next to nothing about growing weed plants.

Lopez is/was a confirmed stoner; I've seen numerous pictures even just on this forum of him and a fan after blazing, after emerging from woods having blazed, etc. Similar stories of Mendez come as no surprise; I believe it's inferable from some chapter of the Opeth biography that the Martins toked, as Mike mentions their then-low tolerance of hard alcohol and one of them vomiting in a potted plant or something.

Weed is a psychedelic depressant-stimulant-intoxicant; that's a pretty broad classification. It can calm you if you're already somewhat calm or trying to become calm, and it can prompt anxiety if you're already somewhat anxious or under stressful circumstances. The word 'psychedelic' means "mind manifesting"; psychedelics simply hold up an augmenting mirror to how you already feel. Hence, weed can both depress and stimulate.

Well said, I agree that you can make the buzz whatever you want it to be.:loco:

^Doesn't weed help with panic and stress though? Like, scientifically?

Not in particular. It increases your chance of getting psychosis by 50% (of what it is now) and increases your chance of heart disease by 40% (if you smoke 5 joints a day alone, of course you won't.)

Marijuana also helps to prevent alzheimer's. It is also thought that marijuana might not cause cancer because before the cells grow to be cancerous, they are already dead! lawl

I am a pothead.

I have bad asthma so I can't smoke pot or anything that needs to be smoked... :(

This is the best thread in a long ass time hahahhaha.

Im pretty sure 1 if not all of the members smoke pot.

Its like a Black Sabbath thing, makes the music that much better when your high and its a stoner metal band haha.

I smoke pot myself alot, and only 2 bands have this feel when your high, Opeth-Sabbath.

Yeah mendez talked about being in a band is like being high haha, Im sure hes a stoner, same with Akerfeldt aha there so mellow.