So who wants to hear some Fu Manchu?

i snagged it but haven't listened. when i go on a stonerrock.com binge when the weather warms up (likely in about 2 weeks :Smug: ) i'll be picking up whatever Fu Manchu i like best from these mp3s.

If you've ever trusted me EVER, just buy both albums I listed above. Seriously, they're BY FAR Fu's best 2 records (out of 5 total studio releases).

Their double live CD is a great investment too, if only because they're spot-on live and it's like a "greatest hits" setlist.

1 will be enough to start. :p

hey is this one song a Pavement cover (The Action is Go), or the other way around? hmm, maybe it's just the chorus, reminds me of some Pavement tune.

joo got in mang. :headbang:

and yeah, i like, don't buy a shitload of albums anymore so The Action is Go will be fine for me unless i become an apeshit fan.

i'm not falling in love with this shit like my first listen to Brant Bjork and The Operators, but it did more for me first time through than the Kyuss albums i have.

also: 'gugs, what do you say between The Mushroom River Band's albums? I have Simsalabim and Music for the World Beyond downloaded, I think I liked one of em enough to warrant looking further into. isn't this a sideproject of Spice (ex-Spiritual Beggars singer)?

It was a sideproject of Spice's, though I might be mixed up. The Swedish bands are SO incestuous!

Anyway, Music For the World Beyond >>>> Simsalabim. It's not even in question.

You guys might want to check out the following bands as well:
Blind Dog
Fatso Jetson
Fireball Ministry
Mammoth Volume
Sea of Green
Roadsaw
Puny Human

Fireball Ministry are great, as are Fatso Jetson. at least in concert, never heard either band on album/record/CD/mp3/tincupphone.

*proceeds to d/l... finally*

[EDIT] this is some heavy shit, no doubt. I like how it has a "California Beach" feel while remaining dirty and un-cheesy and straight out of the garage. I definitely need to investigate this genre further. I'll start by getting those Kyuss and Fu Manchu albums and see where it takes me

MadeInNewJersey said:
Speaking of which NAD, when are we building the tincupphone from your house to mine?
i'm still waiting for the parts to come in. and by "parts" i mean empty toxic waste barrels and "come in" i mean go and steal some.