So you want me to consider your favorite band for next year?

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Contrary to popular belief, I have not heard every band out there. For example, I have never heard a single Freak Kitchen song in my life. If you want me to consider a more obscure type band, then email me to see if I have heard them. If I haven't, then have the band send me some promo material. Hell, you can burn me a few tunes if you want. That will get them a better chance than no chance at all.

cheers,
Glenn H.
glenn@progpowerusa.com

Glenn!
please Heavenly & Dragonforce next year!!!!!!!!!!

Harvester said:
Contrary to popular belief, I have not heard every band out there. For example, I have never heard a single Freak Kitchen song in my life. If you want me to consider a more obscure type band, then email me to see if I have heard them. If I haven't, then have the band send me some promo material. Hell, you can burn me a few tunes if you want. That will get them a better chance than no chance at all.

cheers,
Glenn H.
glenn@progpowerusa.com

3 bands on my list:
Mechanical Poet
Dead Soul Tribe
Freak Kitchen

I am sure I can get you in contact with any one of them in one form or another...if I can't, I know people who will! :) I'll work on the music cd's and such for you Glenn.

OH yeah, and thanks again for Adagio!!! \m/ \m/

Cheers, Tony

Mr. E said:
I'd like to see at least 1 female-fronted band next year. At the top of my list are Within Temptation, After Forever, and Edenbridge. I imagine most ProgPower fans will at least have heard of these 3 bands, right? On the other hand, a more obscure choice would be Seraphim from Taiwan - excellent female-fronted band sounding like a cross between Nightwish and Edenbridge to these ears. Glenn, if you can get just 1 of these bands, I'll forever be in your debt! :worship:
I agree with you Mr. Ed. Time for another female-fronted band. As a huge fan of Nightwish, I'd always like to see them back, but I'd also like to see any of the ones you mentioned and add one more to the list:

Penumbra from France. Extremely diverse using a wide arrange of elements. Hey, they even use bagpipes and oboe! With each track you just don't know what's coming. Not only do they have a particularly talented female vocalist in Anita Covelli, but they also have clean and death male vocals.

Let me just nip this thread in the bud before it gets too big. Posting your "wants" in this thread will do you absolutely no good. Zero. Zip. Nada.

You must email me with the offer of listening material. That can be a promo cd, a cd-r, or even a link to a private mp3 download.

And for the record, I have posted on my experiences in dealing with Within Temptation and After Forever.

Glenn H.

hi glenn,
i dont know how to thank you for inviting us to pp5!!! i hope this was not our last gig at progpower!!!
now here is my list for next year:

symphony x
shadow gallery
fates warning
g3 (steve vai, satriani, petrucci)
disturbed
balance of power
threshold
sevendust

our new cd will be released in the middle of 2005... perhaps we could make some pr at pp6...
best regards!
wolfgang

Allright. Glenn's got the right idea.

Everyone.

Burn a disc. Fill your disc with bands. THREE SONGS PER BAND. Why? Cuz one song is not a fair judgement for any kind of music. Especially when trying to prove a band to someone who's willing to give an unbiased listen (Hidden secret props to Senor Harvester) and I'm sure he'll pursue those who strike a nerve with him. If you're all skilled an sheeit, put album cover pictures on the disc, or maybe text files with contact information. If not, print em on a sleeve insert. Don't write it by hand, in case he can't read your handwriting. Gawd knows I've confused people that way, miswriting emails or phone numbers... sheesh...

I figure you could get 5 or 6 bands per disc, depending on the lengths of the songs. That seems like a kickass way to spread our evil propaganda of METAL across the universe!

*cackles*

Disturbed? Sevendust? Very cool. I like the idea of possibly mixing in some different bands and styles. I'll probably get flamed for this...lol... but how about a little Black Metal? Dimmu Borgir? Cradle of Filth? Satyricon?

MetalVideoKing said:
Disturbed? Sevendust? Very cool. I like the idea of possibly mixing in some different bands and styles. I'll probably get flamed for this...lol... but how about a little Black Metal? Dimmu Borgir? Cradle of Filth? Satyricon?
Dimmu, Satyricon, and Cradle of Filth would fit the bill better than Sevendust & Disturbed. ;) Then again, those bands have a better chance of playing at a different festival than other bands that would play ProgPower. Besides, unless they're pretty progressive with their style, save the Black Metal for a Black Metal fest and save Disturbed & Sevendust for Ozzfest. :tickled:

Glenn, there's a CD on the way!

Tammy Z

Oh I totally agree. But the thought of a little Black Metal mixed in with the Prog stuff was kind of intriguing...LOL.

thats funny, you know but iam very egoistic!
i want to go to atlanta to hear my favorit bands... iam not interested in stiles, iam only interested in the music!!! and sorry if my band ( DREAMSCAPE) can't play i wanna hear only good music!!! but calm down - i never thought that bands could play at pp6... ;)
best regards!
wolfgang

DREAMSCAPE 777 said:
thats funny, you know but iam very egoistic!
i want to go to atlanta to hear my favorit bands... iam not interested in stiles, iam only interested in the music!!! and sorry if my band ( DREAMSCAPE) can't play i wanna hear only good music!!! but calm down - i never thought that bands could play at pp6... ;)
best regards!
wolfgang
Man, I would love to see u guys again; you guys kicked my ass!!! And thanks for playing those 2 songs from Very!!! You probably remember me because I kept telling you I wanted to hear songs from Very!!!

Unfortunately, in some instances, and especially yours, Glenn does not have bands back to back, but I would love to see Dreamscape on the bill for PP7!!!!

By the way, the demo/promo dosc with Roland singing When Shadows Are Gone is great!!! That was really cool of you guys to throw those cd's to the crowd. Looking forward to the new one!