So you want me to consider your favorite band for next year?

sh0kr0k said:
Dimmu, Satyricon, and Cradle of Filth would fit the bill better than Sevendust & Disturbed. ;) Then again, those bands have a better chance of playing at a different festival than other bands that would play ProgPower. Besides, unless they're pretty progressive with their style, save the Black Metal for a Black Metal fest and save Disturbed & Sevendust for Ozzfest. :tickled:

Glenn, there's a CD on the way!

Tammy Z

disturbed and sevendust dont even belong on an ozzfest tour these days. the nu-metal bullshit sucks.....ozzfest has gotten better than those 2 shitty bands. i would love to see death angel at prog power!!!!!!

INTO ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCALX said:
disturbed and sevendust dont even belong on an ozzfest tour these days. the nu-metal bullshit sucks.....ozzfest has gotten better than those 2 shitty bands. i would love to see death angel at prog power!!!!!!

INTO ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!
imagine prog fans watching death angel ,they would get bored in 3 seconds!those guys suck big time at their instruments :ill: pp should stay pure :headbang:

control-denied777 said:
imagine prog fans watching death angel ,they would get bored in 3 seconds!those guys suck big time at their instruments :ill: pp should stay pure :headbang:

Then you havent listened to "ULTRA VIOLENCE", then tell me they cant play there instruments!! are you kiddin me!!

I've seen Brave down at Jaxx in VA. and let me tell you, I was blown away. No, they're not "in your face" POW! type of stuff, but the atmosphere is definitely metal.

On that same thought, I was wondering if anyone here would like to see/hear Tiamat, Lake of Tears, To Die For or others of that ilk at Atlanta? I know I think they'd be totally different and fresh in the framework of ProgPower and I think it would be welcome by most.

I'd Love to see.........

Pyramaze
Jon Oliva's Pain
Threshold
Shadow Gallery
Balance of Power
Tim Donahue
Theocracy
Silent Force
Iced Earth
Symphony X
Fates Warning

That would be my fantasy prog power line up..

control-denied777 said:
Are you fucking kidding me? They would be one of the best bands ever if they were to play PPUSA. Please speak on what you know of.

Bear

Fates Warning - Headline one of the nights(special guest John Arch)
Angra or Blind Guardian - Headline the other night
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan
Shadow Gallery
Pyramaze
Manticora
Nocturnal Rites
Silent Force
Dark Moor
Labyrinth
I can think of more but this is a good start.

Cheers,

Ebola

Harvester said:
Contrary to popular belief, I have not heard every band out there. For example, I have never heard a single Freak Kitchen song in my life. If you want me to consider a more obscure type band, then email me to see if I have heard them. If I haven't, then have the band send me some promo material. Hell, you can burn me a few tunes if you want. That will get them a better chance than no chance at all.

cheers,
Glenn H.
glenn@progpowerusa.com