So...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone heard from Spawny lately? His last post was on April 2, 2005 and he was last here (logged on, at least) in October 2006.

He was a character.

As I mentioned last year I saw someone who looked like him at the first Sydney Maiden gig. Might not have been him though, I never met the guy.

Do be do.

Nah, got no idea where he is. He replied to a PM I sent him once, probably in 1996. Strange how he just left like that.

I tried to get in contact with him maybe 18 months ago. I sent him a couple of emails, and tried to hook up through his livejournal thingy. Never got a reply to the emails, and a few days later his livejournal got taken down, so I took that as a sign he's moved on.

I have sent him emails now and again over the last couple of years that give no reply, but they don't bounce either, so I figure he may recieve them. I do fear however, that his ongoing and undisclosed illness may have gotten the better of him. Before he went awol, he would go weeks/months at a time without getting online because he didn't feel up to it, so whatever was wrong with him may have been pretty serious.

I miss the guy, he was great value.

Spawny actually changed his username on livejournal because I was going through some old posts and found a comment or two from him with a different name. He hadn't posted there for a while though.

So do I. We're a very exclusive group.

Anyone know Spawny's surname and can search for him on Facebook? Social networking wasn't really as big then as it is now so no idea if he's really the sort who would go for it.