SOAD - Toxicity

I had Guitar World magazines from around this time and all I can remember about it is, multiple layers (quad) each with way less gain than you'd expect. Listening to that YouTube clip, that seems pretty accurate. Pretty sloppy by this forum's standards.

you can definately hear the quad tracking in the outro section. And Daron was never an amazingly tight guitarist, especially not in those days :p

Another band I've never understood what all the fuss was about. No matter how much I try and get into them I just can't. Out of tune vocals, the vocal style, the cheesy music, etc. Sorry, I just don't get it. :erk:

Out of tune vocals/vocal style? Serj Tankian is one of the best vocalists I've ever heard.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Yeah, a lot of talk of sloppiness here. All of their recordings sound very, very tight to me, and I'd agree with Serj Tankian being an excellent vocalist. Most definitely very in tune on all of the recordings.

They weren't so spot on live, but eh, I enjoy watching musicians perform while taking visits to the otherworld.

I still don't hear any sloppiness on the records, I hear human beings playing their instruments.

I hear no sloppiness but playing with a strong different feeling, mostly on drums. I've always noticed that and it just fits their music.

Definetely no out of tune vocals, maybe someone is confusing different scales with out of tune.

It was some of the bands that could take metal to another level by adding some original nuances to good songs IMO, and toxicity is a CD that many many people like independently of their tastes.

I hear no sloppiness but playing with a strong different feeling, mostly on drums. I've always noticed that and it just fits their music.

Definetely no out of tune vocals, maybe someone is confusing different scales with out of tune.

It was some of the bands that could take metal to another level by adding some original nuances to good songs IMO, and toxicity is a CD that many many people like independently of their tastes.

Quoted for absolute truthiness.

best post in internet history :kickass:

Another band I've never understood what all the fuss was about. No matter how much I try and get into them I just can't. Out of tune vocals, the vocal style, the cheesy music, etc. Sorry, I just don't get it. :erk:

I thought they were awesome in middle school. I grew out of them eventually, they were just a gateway band for me. I tried to enjoy the record again before, couldn't do it.