Social Networks; The Realm of Vacuous Mingling

MWmBUzt.jpg

Microsoft recently patented a bot that allegedly mimics the personality of deceased relatives. All this based off social media data mind ye. Want to talk to dead Aunt Josie one last time? Just hop on Widows '21 and you'll be chopping it up 6 months and 6ft later.

Pull the Plug!

^^^ lol

Does the bot turn racist within 5 hours like every other automated thing? Unless your dead relative was already racist that is, in which case, is that level of authenticity retained?

Reactions: Krilons Resa
You guys obviously need help.

Also, instagram might ban you instantly if you put particular pictures on you avatars, like a character of this weird group that tried to make kids suicide.

we are living the full-blown cyberpunk dystopia now

every day is a new black mirror episode

Every time I hear a drone I honestly think the world is coming to an end. I typically only hear them out in nature which is about the most unnatural thing in the world. I panic for a moment and then go "oh nevermind, just some fucking asshole."

we are about two years away from any bozo with 200 dollars being able to put a gun or a bomb on an aliexpress drone and cobble together some python scripts off the internet to make it autonomous and target whatever they want

the future is going to be fun times

Reactions: Ellestin
we are about two years away from any bozo with 200 dollars being able to put a gun or a bomb on an aliexpress drone and cobble together some python scripts off the internet to make it autonomous and target whatever they want

the future is going to be fun times
Aren't we there already? Maybe noone has and maybe it's $300 but still.

Aren't we there already? Maybe noone has and maybe it's $300 but still.
all the pieces are kind of there but they're not REALLY good enough

self-stabilizing, autonomous drones exist
super cheap and fast single board computers able to run neural nets and real time video analysis exist
very high resolution cameras exist
highly accurate facial recognition exists
bombs exist
etc.

all the bits are there but they're just on the cusp of being evolved/available enough for a rando to make it happen. like i don't know that today in 2021 there is an easy, off-the-shelf way to feed a jpeg of someone's face to an AI on a computerized drone and say "kill this person please" and then just let it loose into the world, but we are so, so close