Soilwork - 11/9/03...

Paddy>> a little, I used to talk to the tin whistle player a bit on the blind guardian message board, but that's not where I got the name from. I got it from the same place as the band, a series of books by David Gemmell :)

Lamentation>> Sick, might see you there then :D

I cant wait neither, however, at overcranked, a lot of fuckin idiots said they weren't going.

THIS IS SOILWORK!!! IF SOILWORK GET A GOOD SHOW, MAYBE THEY'LL COME BACK WITH MORE FRIENDS!!!!!

Anywho, i guess i'll see some of u there. maybe we'll crack heads in the mosh pit together :)

Geez if I stayed at the bar the whole time i'd be fucking broke by the time Soilwork came on!!! It's like $7 for a bourbon and coke in a crappy little cup!!!! I'm going to drink 'before' the show and save cash i think....

damn that's pricey
anyways, I think I'll be staying pretty much sober it's quality time at Claire's afterwards and we can't have a case of brewer's droop can we?

Haha, i havent got my quality time in a while! (chest infection).

I'll be drinkin in the pub up the road for a few solid hours before going in the arena. I just hope i dont :puke:before they hit the stage. :loco:

The Pimp will be in Canberra.
Bitching and whining 'bout not being able to make it up to Sydney for a gig. Yet again!

Why don't promoters ever bring any descent international acts to Canberra? Where they can actually make a bit of money if they advistise enough.
And no one say a fucking word 'bout lack of venues! Both the uni bars/refectories can hold over a thousand people and the ANU Bar/Refectory has played host to such international acts as Fear Factory, Sepultura, Nirvana (just using them as an example) and Tool (where they packed out by a thouand bodies over the legal limit) just to name a few.
I's just fucking wish that a fucking promoter would consider Canberra for a descent international metal band just for fucking once! Is that so much to fucking ask?!
Is it?!
Fuck no!
And they can make money because more Canberra metalheads are willing to see an international band in their own home town then travel to Sydney or Melbourne to see them (must I's remind everyone of The Destruction Of Oz? Even though that would have been a fucking good gig).

Oh, well. Enough of this rant.

I's will try and make it up to Sydney for Strapping Young Lad on the 31st of October (offically confirmed to play).

I's hopes everyone has a good time at Soilwork.
Mosh hard for I! :headbang:

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

The Pimp NeonBlack said:
The Pimp will be in Canberra.
Bitching and whining 'bout not being able to make it up to Sydney for a gig. Yet again!

Why don't promoters ever bring any descent international acts to Canberra? Where they can actually make a bit of money if they advistise enough.
And no one say a fucking word 'bout lack of venues! Both the uni bars/refectories can hold over a thousand people and the ANU Bar/Refectory has played host to such international acts as Fear Factory, Sepultura, Nirvana (just using them as an example) and Tool (where they packed out by a thouand bodies over the legal limit) just to name a few.
I's just fucking wish that a fucking promoter would consider Canberra for a descent international metal band just for fucking once! Is that so much to fucking ask?!
Is it?!
Fuck no!
And they can make money because more Canberra metalheads are willing to see an international band in their own home town then travel to Sydney or Melbourne to see them (must I's remind everyone of The Destruction Of Oz? Even though that would have been a fucking good gig).

Oh, well. Enough of this rant.

I's will try and make it up to Sydney for Strapping Young Lad on the 31st of October (offically confirmed to play).

I's hopes everyone has a good time at Soilwork.
Mosh hard for I! !:headbang:

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

When I was younger bigger bands used to tour here all the time , but I suppose it only takes 1 or 2 lack luster gigs(Incantation had about 40 payers) for promoters to have second thoughts . The ANU used to be a lot more organised and had a ggodd entertainment manager who made an effort now they just take what ever gig is offered to them . Also as it is not a private business , as long as the bar comes out ahead they are not to bothered about making profits . Canberra does not really have any promoters either , so a combination of those facts is why I think we tend to miss out.