Soilwork and Darkane next Saturday (2/21) at the Pearl Room!!

Day of the show decision for me, which means I won't go unless I really am in the mood to drive to the Pearl Room. Can't remember if I have anything going on.

Would love seeing Darkane again and have yet to see Soilwork, so it's very tempting!

I didn't make it out to Mokena tonight so please post your follow-up reviews, people!

Here's what they played the last time I saw them.

Soilwork set list - October 15, 2006 @ The Pearl Room

Bastard Chain
Rejection Role
Neurotica Rampage
Overload
One With the Flies
Wings of Domain
Spirits of the Future Sun
Distance
Light the Torch
Song of the Damned
Stabbing the Drama
As We Speak
Stalemate
--------------------
Nerve
Follow the Hollow

OK, I'm gettin' around to it! There is a benefit to insomnia, yes?

Got into the show shortly before Carry The Day ended their set. I had listened to them in the morning knowing nothing prior and decided that they were a bad Pantera/Lamb of God ripoff. Let's leave the LOG discussions alone, shall we? Hey, can't win 'em all.

After that was Luna Mortis, and I just can't say enough about this band. I've been hooked since their Ottoman Empire days. They're young and have great stage presence. I'm looking forward to seeing just how far they go.

I had seen Warbringer with Finntroll late last year and they sold me right off the bat. Just a solid young thrash band is what they are and they painted that picture all over the Pearl Room.

I was completely stoked about seeing Swallow The Sun again since it was the Katatonia tour of '07 when I saw them last. Damn it they didn't disappoint...AT ALL.

What can I possibly say in praise of Darkane? Good grief. I may be biased, but I'm sorry, they stole the show. Great energy and their performace only solidified the fact that Jens was indeed a solid replacement for Andreas. Newer tunes (go pick up Demonic Art for hell's sake) and older works were part of the set. I'm so glad they got another run of the States.

Now, I didn't pay much attention to Soilwork. Soilwork lost my interest a few years ago and they haven't gotten it back. I didn't stay for their entire set, so, sorry Rebecca, no set list from me! They may still have the presence, but the newer tunes just don't do it for me.

I'm an earplug wearin' fool, so if there were sound issues, I didn't notice them. The room was nowhere near sold out, but there was a healthy crowd, despite the craptastic weather. All in all I'd say it was an enjoyable night. Twas a good time for metal in the Chi. :)

What can I possibly say in praise of Darkane? Good grief. I may be biased, but I'm sorry, they stole the show. Great energy and their performace only solidified the fact that Jens was indeed a solid replacement for Andreas. Newer tunes (go pick up Demonic Art for hell's sake) and older works were part of the set. I'm so glad they got another run of the States.

I concur! :kickass: And all personal bias aside, Darkane were off the hook & definitely stole the show! Was even evident since the crowd thinned out after them too.