Soilwork

i don't wanna be too persistent, but the -ow ending is pronounced exactly the same in both words.
and btw, let's all hug each other a lot and forget this crappy topic of rhyme or not and return to thins like jeeeeesusss was a pooor boooy

it really sucks if there is such a great song, such a bombastic chorus like some of those of nbc, but you feel dumb if you sing along because the lyrics are so goddamn dumb...
that's why i like dark tranquillity...

hmmm... in case anyone is still thinking about those lyrics... I remember seeing an explanation of the spit or swallow thing somewhere.. oh found it

as quoted by Speed on the soilworkers.com message board:

"Hello people!

I think it´s time for me to do a little statement and especially about the lyric on the song Mercury Shadow.
As I´m happily engaged with my girlfriend Eva it would be pretty useless for me to write a lyric about homosexuality, even though I´m tired of all homophobic people out there.
But what I mean in the lyric is that I´m searching for some kind of cure against hate, if there is such thing that is...
Something that can make people look forward after a traumatic experience and make them realize something or give them insight. When I´m singing "We know how to spit or swallow, bring out the mercury shadow" I certainly don´t mean that I want to make love in a Ford Mustang 66´, what I mean is that we often face the point when we must decide if you should accept or not accept an horrible experince that we´re going through. Sometimes you can´t decide what to do and you want to make another decision that´s beyond this world. And this decision ladies and gentlemen is the cure with the wonderful name Mercury Shadow!
In Flamer really figured out a good songtitle for that song I must say...
I hope this explanation will help you a lot when you´re sitting there and listening to the album and wondering what the hell I´m singing about...

Take care people and keep up the soilworking!

All the best, Speed"

Wow. I dunno, but I have trouble relating "spitting and swallowing" as a metaphor for getting rid of hate.

:OMG: :Shedevil:

A bit of a reach there, Speedio.

But anyway, Devin's work on this album is great. He really brought out Speed's vocals, and got the instruments more out front. However, something about the album doesn't make me wanna listen to it as much as Soilwork's previous releases. Predator's Portrait was in my CD player for months. This one, I dunno - I kinda felt a little like they were trying to do a "smooth jazz" kinda thing in between the death metal vocals. Like if you took at the harsh vox, you'd have a radio song. Not that I would be pissed if I heard Soilwork on the radio - it's just the concept that well shit, Devy got their clean vocals so dominant and pretty that it's commerically viable. Soilwork has a digestable metal album here, and I think that might be what they're going for?

I hope Devin doesn't do anything like that to the Lamb of God album. Me = HUGE LoG fan. Devin = producing the new Lamb of God album. If I hear any "mercury shadowesque" or clean vocals on that album, I'm going to go drive my car off a bridge. I dig progression, but I also like progression with brutallity.

i am note quite sure ...

i have listen to 5 songs complete and to the others partially

i don't like them

i am a bit disappointed

i think that they are not bad but boring

i believe that this is a transition album to something more complete

because the melody came but the songwriting is not evolved so the songs seems all the same
and...

yes there is also a dangerous lack of energy in the fast parts

i don't know

i have to listen to it well

but it don't convince me...

maybe this is the right place to post it...

excuse me for the double thread:cry:

Originally posted by dimensionidol
i am note quite sure ...

i have listen to 5 songs complete and to the others partially

i don't like them

i am a bit disappointed

i think that they are not bad but boring

i believe that this is a transition album to something more complete

because the melody came but the songwriting is not evolved so the songs seems all the same
and...

yes there is also a dangerous lack of energy in the fast parts

i don't know

i have to listen to it well

but it don't convince me...

maybe this is the right place to post it...

excuse me for the double thread:cry:

yes it is very anoying to have the same post at 2 places and a thread just for it , but feel completelly excused because i deleted your other thread (which will save the oh so precious UM server space) and it is my job to do so. if you have some complains about me done that let me know.

Actually I like Devin's works, but as for the Soilwork - Release, I don't hear much difference between the last release and the new one. I can't tell how much influence Devin had on the songs themselves, but the sound is quite in the vein of a "Predator's Portrait".