Solo vs. SYL?

City is far superior to everything else Devy has done. It's his masterpiece, and his only album that is awesome from start to finish. Ocean Machine is plagued by the wasteful "The Death of Music" "song" which is a complete exercise in tedium. Terria has way too many parts of the album that are at a much lower volume than the rest, so it is almost imperceptable at times unless you absolutely crank the volume, which can get irritating when it gets loud immediately after. Infinity is just mediocre, Devy's lowest point. Physicist is very underrated, just like SYL.

DTB... easily my least favorite since Infinity. It's his most mundane work, I've heard it all before. I listened to it about 5 times and then moved on.

LuminousAether said:
City is far superior to everything else Devy has done. It's his masterpiece, and his only album that is awesome from start to finish. Ocean Machine is plagued by the wasteful "The Death of Music" "song" which is a complete exercise in tedium. Terria has way too many parts of the album that are at a much lower volume than the rest, so it is almost imperceptable at times unless you absolutely crank the volume, which can get irritating when it gets loud immediately after. Infinity is just mediocre, Devy's lowest point. Physicist is very underrated, just like SYL.

DTB... easily my least favorite since Infinity. It's his most mundane work, I've heard it all before. I listened to it about 5 times and then moved on.
I disagree with most things you wrote apart from AE. I havent listened to it for weeks and to be honest I dont want to :erk: Thats what you get for hiring a bunch of punk kids :yell: I still think Terria's his masterpiece though

Yeah I understand where your coming from. For instance the end of Mountain is actually amazing if you turn it up with some great guitarwork but then as soon as I try that my ears burst from Earth day :erk: I still cant get bored of that album though.

LuminousAether said:

Hey man, say that you don't like infinity, say that you don't like terria, say that you don't like solo devy releases, but don't say that DT works are "mediocre" "wasteful" and all that...City was a masterpiece, but everything that came after was far better...

I totally understand that you breathe "metal", that you sweat "metal", but sorry for you, with songs like "deep peace "death of music" "Away" Dev is at top !!!

:loco:

oldlyonfreak said:
Hey man, say that you don't like infinity, say that you don't like terria, say that you don't like solo devy releases, but don't say that DT works are "mediocre" "wasteful" and all that...City was a masterpiece, but everything that came after was far better...

I totally understand that you breathe "metal", that you sweat "metal", but sorry for you, with songs like "deep peace "death of music" "Away" Dev is at top !!!

:loco:

Don't take Luminous too serious Geoff, he loves to be hated... I know him from the anathema board... :cool::D

Anyway, for me the only "low" point on Devy's stuffs is "physicist" ... Some songs are killer, but it misses something... i don't know...

Thortyir said:
Don't take Luminous too serious Geoff, he loves to be hated... I know him from the anathema board... :cool::D

Anyway, for me the only "low" point on Devy's stuffs is "physicist" ... Some songs are killer, but it misses something... i don't know...

No problems, everyone is cool here...
You're right about physicist, it's also a period in Devy's life that was a bit "hollow"...Maybe it explains why thi salbum was bit "lazy" (from dev's words)

LuminousAether said:

well, your opinion is your opinion.

you're wrong with basically everything you said, however :)