Some CoB questions...

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
I recently discovered CoB when I was looking around for cool metal groups on Amazon.com... anyways, WOW! That's all I could think when I heard some of the CoB clips. Simply incredible! I then went to the site to d/l the 1:30 long song clips they had there. More incredible! (Follow the Reaper, the song not the album, was simply a masterpiece)

Anyways I want to know though b4 I buy this album a few things. My parents won't let me get these guys if there's any satanic stuff in it... so I wanna know, is there? I know they talk about death alot, but is there any references to Satan and stuff?

And also, can you ever actually understand what the singer's saying? :D

Ok cool thx guys those were some freaky quick answers :) I guess the quality on those clips is abit off, either that or my ear isnt "trained" yet lol ;)

Yeah Sixpounder, has a reference of "666" in it. I don't think mum and daddy can take it. Their little son has turned into a little docker wearing satanist. Oh the agony.

WNxScythe said:
I recently discovered CoB when I was looking around for cool metal groups on Amazon.com... anyways, WOW! That's all I could think when I heard some of the CoB clips. Simply incredible! I then went to the site to d/l the 1:30 long song clips they had there. More incredible! (Follow the Reaper, the song not the album, was simply a masterpiece)

Anyways I want to know though b4 I buy this album a few things. My parents won't let me get these guys if there's any satanic stuff in it... so I wanna know, is there? I know they talk about death alot, but is there any references to Satan and stuff?

http://www.centurymedia.com/audio/MP3/MP3.html

go here and get needled 24/7:)

also check out all the other bitchin mp3s!!! :D

WNxScythe said:

You're kidding right?

God fucking damnit dude, if you're worried about what your parents let you lsiten to you have some shit wrong with you.

I'm lucky, my parents support me in what i do and they even appreciate the band si like but dude, what the fuck? Dont be a pussy, buy some Burzum and blast that shit on full!

Thats my two cents :)

NeedledWarheart said:
God fucking damnit dude, if you're worried about what your parents let you lsiten to you have some shit wrong with you.

I'm lucky, my parents support me in what i do and they even appreciate the band si like but dude, what the fuck? Dont be a pussy, buy some Burzum and blast that shit on full!

Thats my two cents :)

Exactly..they were always cool for me with music... They even bought me the records I wanted when I didn't work.

It's just that SATANIC lyrics doesent mean YOU being SATANIC. Hiding and blocking a way of thiking is just wrong in the end.

Man, you guys don't understand. Stop cussing me out just cause my parents care what I listen to.

I'm 16 ok, I'm not some kid. But me and my parents are Christians so we do care what's in the lyrics. So I just wanna know, besides sixpounder, are there any demonic/satanic songs? If so what are they. Plz list em thx.

WNxScythe said:
Man, you guys don't understand. Stop cussing me out just cause my parents care what I listen to.

I'm 16 ok, I'm not some kid. But me and my parents are Christians so we do care what's in the lyrics. So I just wanna know, besides sixpounder, are there any demonic/satanic songs? If so what are they. Plz list em thx.

I don't think you got my point.. The fact that you're not some kid doesnt help you in that situation ; being 16 you should tell them that music isnt a kind a brainwashing system where you gotta read and apply everything that's written.... :err: A writer expresses feelings by sometimes imaginative situations...and the reader gotta understand at a certain point...that all depends of the kind of person you are.

I don't think CoB lyrics fit very well in a Christian point of view...

Mask Of Sanity from Follow The Reaper

"[...]Voices are calling me, 'be my night!' this devil's sigh
Shadows are tainting me...[...]"

Warheart from Hatebreeder

"I'm an outcast on the path of rebound
Everything is frail, I desolate, crush, and burn
I have chosen darkness to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side"

In genera...Bodom lyrics are about the Bodom murder case and feelings of desperation ...where you're lost in your mind. But I'm not a native English speaker...some may explain better here.

WNxScythe said:

Dude, "Satanic" references dont hurt you. The dont turn you evil. And if you take them seriously you're an idiot (Not you, people in general).

I'm 16 also, been listening to metal since i was 12-13 and have listened to more than my fair share of Black metal. Do i slaughter goatS? (Only at weekends). Do i sodomize Virgin Wolves (You tell me?), Do i do any of the comical bullshit the songs scream at me? NO! Its good music and who gives a dick of the lyrical content.
I dont get offended when creed come on the TV, i change the channel but i dont sit and cry like a pussy when they say God loves my balls.

Now fair enough, everyone is entitled to their beliefs. You wanna be chrsitian? Fair enough man. I'm just saying, Bodom is a fucking awesome band and if you wanna shut yourself off from the awesomeness of them becuase of a few "satanic" remarks in the lyrics which are barely audible and wanna restrict what you enjoy for fear your parents might think you're the son of lucifer. then THAT is where the problem lies.