Some CoB questions...

God's great for the people who believe in it. Some people choose to live by his rules, it's their human right. I say I can live a god life without religion. My conscience tells me what's right and wrong, my experiences tell me what's right and wrong and other people can influence me on my perception of right and wrong....but in the end it's all I who decides what to do in/with my life. I try to enjoy it and make it enjoyable to as many people as possible for me, I don't need no scripture or somebody's interpretation on that to tell me whether or not what I'm doing/thinking is wrong. I am my own god, bible, priest, saint and sinner, I judge myself, my subconscience scripture changes at the same pace as I live my life.

"The interesting thing is that everyone goes to where they want to go. You people would rather go to hell then bow down to God and confess your sins. Your very attitude shows this. You're basically going to get what you're asking for."- itrs comments like this that piss me off to no end i concidered myslef a christian at one time at still believe in god and heaven , but whatthe fuck gives you the right to say that we will all go to hell be cause we wont bow down and confess our sins, you see this is the problem with orginized religion peopleget high and mighty for their own good.listen i better stop talking because i will start a shit storm but the short story is. be a good person. dont be a bastard dont kill any one thats it, just live a good life. it doesnt need to be anymore complicated then that and by all means dont tell people with different ideals that they will go to hell because of them not "BOWING DOWN" thats all i have to say

egonomic666 said:
"The interesting thing is that everyone goes to where they want to go. You people would rather go to hell then bow down to God and confess your sins. Your very attitude shows this. You're basically going to get what you're asking for."- itrs comments like this that piss me off to no end i concidered myslef a christian at one time at still believe in god and heaven , but whatthe fuck gives you the right to say that we will all go to hell be cause we wont bow down and confess our sins, you see this is the problem with orginized religion peopleget high and mighty for their own good.listen i better stop talking because i will start a shit storm but the short story is. be a good person. dont be a bastard dont kill any one thats it, just live a good life. it doesnt need to be anymore complicated then that and by all means dont tell people with different ideals that they will go to hell because of them not "BOWING DOWN" thats all i have to say
Well said.

"I seriously don't understand how anyone can be a complete atheist. It's impossible IMO. Even if you believe in evolution, in the big bang or whatever that started it... my question is what started the big bang??"

- I seriously don't understand how anyone can be a complete Christian. It's impossible IMO. Even if you believe in God, my question is, who/what started God? I have a simple answer for that. Man made god. (Fucking good song too...)

Homo sapiens most likely emerged in Africa, 100,000 to 250,000 years ago. The earliest of the book religions, Judaism, emerged around the 13th century BCE. Christianity did not develop until the beginning of the first century AD.

The biblical account of Adam and Eve states that God created humans; however, after the emergence of humans, there happens to be more than a 90,000 year gap before the first book religion came to be. During this long time period, humans practiced a plethora of pagan faiths, varying from region to region. Then somehow, Judaism emerged. If there was a god, why were other deities worshiped? What makes the book religion god more valid than the gods of the pagan faiths? Is the Christian God more real than Siva/Vishnu of the Hindu faith, or the Greek Zeus?

If God is the ultimate creator, why are there other gods, worshipped by people before the emergence of book religions?

The founders of the book religions were all human and mortal (this refers to the main point that man made god). What makes their claims to have communicated with a god of some sorts valid? If God created humans, why were Judaism/Christianity/Islam not the religions of humans since mankind's emergence from Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago?

It is for you to answer the questions for yourself and judge the validity of my statements.

On a more comical note, it seems that the founders of the book religions all came from desert regions... there's probably something growing out there that makes people hallucinate and think they've encountered some supreme being... maybe it makes people more sensative to the already powerful sunlight in the desert... and makes everything seem like a blur of light, hence the phrase "show me the light!"

Very nice. You've said everything I've been too lazy to say. Another thing, how can anyone believe in Genesis? Some guy wrote it in like 200 AD. It was just like a theory of his or something. God didn't speak to him, he just made it up. You're believing in someone's made-up fairytale.

beyond all the points everyone has made one last one i will make to the kid who started this thread, the great thing about being human is having the right to have your own ideals that being said i will give you mine , the bible was NOT WRITTEN BY GOD OR JESUS it was written by many men who put their own spin on it and its for that one reason alone that it should never be taken literally, beleive what you want, be a good person the bible teaches us life lessons, ie. dont steal or murder and thats all it does becuase it was not written by anyone divine or holy those men sinned just like we doo every day so to take the bible as the word of god is just plain ignorant, i am not denieing the existence of god at all do i beleive he exists ? hell yea do i think he will strike me down for not going to church every sunday ? hell no , what i do think is that if you are a good moral person you will be taken care of , and thats as complicated as any beleif should be

I don't have to worry about that shit, because my parents are bikers and listen to the same stuff I do.

Then again, I was playing "Du Hast" by Rammstein outside on my stereo when my eighty someodd year old neighboor comes up to me and tries to "save" me, and then called me a "Nazi punk". I shit you not. That was hillarious.

Heh, I AM a Satanist. Well, sort of. I agree with Anton LaVeys teachings about self-reliance, self-indulgence, and the base animalistic nature of humankind, and such. {BTW, there IS a difference between Satanists and devil worshippers (Besides the Temple of Set). You should inform your parents of that.}

A more appropriate forum my be this one- http://www.religionisbullshit.com/forums

We're always looking for a good debate from Christians and others that believe in any form of supernatural entity.

zakk wylde child laiho said:
the dating methods are retarded. i'm really tired of debating all this stuff, so i suggest that you look up on the internet, the creationist arguments vs. the evolutionist arguments, and then make your own decision. http://www.answersingenesis.org/ suggest you search around this site to learn more about evolution and creationism.

Definately do NOT check that site out. Their science is so completely, well, NOT scientific it isn't funny. I've had quite a few run-ins with them.

Would you believe you share more than nintie percent of your genetic makeup with a chimpanzee? Or that you and cabbages share some of the same genes?

Most Christians believe the Earth was created 7,000 years ago. This is idiotic, because the Australian aboriginies have recorded their history going back further than FOURTY thousand years.

Also carbon dating is inaccurate, but only past twenty or so thousand years. That means the meathod is HIGHLY accurate up till then; and we have dated mummies that are WELL over seven thousand years old.