Some different prog bands

cslebn

The Duck of Doom
Dec 22, 2008
I've been reading these boards for a bit now and held off on posting, but I just wanted to toss a couple bands I enjoy into the mix and see what other peoples opinions around here are of them:

Karnivool
Subterranean Masquerade
Eternal Legacy (okay so they're power metal)
Winds

I just really found the Subterranean to be an excellent extension of the King Crimson that I was raised on with an obviously more metal twist. Though still not quite the heavier stuff like a Dark Sun or Opeth. The use of Jazz and symphonic instruments is very well done I belive and sometimes reminicent of Floyd which I think is a great compliment. And they certainly aren't the stock prog that seems to be out there (though still is great)

Karnivool is awesome! I haven't spent much time with it, but Themata is a really kickass release! :kickass: Winds I think could REALLY benefit from getting a new singer, the current one is boring as hell.

The comparison to King Crimson has sparked my interest, will check out Subterranean Masquerade.

I've heard Winds before. It's not my thing, but fans of the lighter side of Opeth and Riverside should find them very interesting.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert