Some fresh music

Oxiplegatz

Passenger
Oct 22, 2001
Beneath pale sardonic skies
Ok, forum freezed a bit, just try to refresh it somehow :))

Recently heard Lake of Tears "Forever Autumn"... very impressing and inspiring one I must say. Music is very close to Anathema's I suppose, all those melancholic melodies, depressive lyrics, beautiful vocal. You know, for me it has become a real masterpiece of music, and last thing that impressed me so much was Anathema "Transacoustic".
If you heard, agree with me, or try to argue, if you don't, you definitely should.

Well unfortunatly Lake of Tears are recording their last record right now. The band have split up but the mastermind behind LoT is recording it by himself i think.
You should check up the other LoT releases, they are quite good i think, let me give you some small review of them:

Greater Art- this album sound like a mix of Paradise Lost and Tiamat with growling vocals, few good songs.

Headstones-Now here it begins to really good. Really good goth metal with a bit cleaner singing.

Crimson Cosmos-The influence of strange tobaco is quite obvious on this album(haha).Its really heavy and has a mabye psykadelic touch in it. Buy it, you wont get dissapointed.

Forever Autmn-Well...i really love this album. A bit softer than the other releases with lots of floydish stuff.Mabye some Anathema too.

But why did they split?
Their record company (Black Mark) didnt put any money in the band so they could get a decent small tour, they screwed up the booklet to Forever autumn wich you could see is a bit strange in the booklet layout. Well Black Mark seemed to only want the money from the record sales and then they didnt care for LoT until they would record the next album. :(

And who are LoT now?
Well the mastermind of Lake Of Tears, "Danniel Brennare" is recording their last album called "The Neonai" and after that they will split up. I think the rest of the band members is studying and working. For more info go to www.lakeoftears.net