The most Sorrowful, melancholic Songs / Acoustic's

donkho said:
Pink Floyd---> Hey You

I could kill to listen this song played by Anathema :yell: when???????????

well I think alot is said here: empyrium, tenhi, kata, ana, opeth, saturnus!! but don't forget Tiamat's Atlantis as a Lover :p

about saturnus check out their page for new samples, you... :loco:

Nicolas said:
Is there a Beth fan here? Yessss. Saw her 3 weeks ago in Paris accoustic. So good! The opening act: M.Ward was awsome too.

Speaking of melancholic songs: Gary Jules: Mad World
Well lookie here! :D I've been trying to put a word about her in this forum but no one has reacted until now :Spin: Lucky bastard, seeing her live, as I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity. I've only her two latest albums, should buy the first one also. Great stuff, great singer.

bonhof.jpg

Crack Hitler said:
Well lookie here! :D I've been trying to put a word about her in this forum but no one has reacted until now :Spin: Lucky bastard, seeing her live, as I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity. I've only her two latest albums, should buy the first one also. Great stuff, great singer.
Me too, last time I tried to talk abou ther in the Antimatter forum but noone reacted. Last week a "Best of" was released, with lots of old songs. Go and buy! Well last month there was also the release of a remix album that is good too if you like the new stuff.

yeah I saw the best-of.. never would've guessed she'd release one, atleast not after three albums, eh? I'm just gonna get the first album. Remix-album doesn't sound too bad idea considering she has some electronic elements in both albums I own..

Yes, the remix are good and not so obvious. They are definitely not just Pom/Pom/Pom in the background.

I think that a new album will come soon. In the concert I attended, she played lots of new songs.

Hoo! I am just listening to a BETHsong called "PARIS TRAIN" , very very good!!!!! I am going to check out an album :)

Oh, maybe someone can help me out with some lyrics that I cant understand.
Its from the song MARMITE of THIS EMPTY FLOW. A the end of the song there is a spoken part which I cant understand perfectly.. maybe someone can understand it and write it down for me?? I also dont find a website with the lyrics of this song. I am trying to fix it since a lifetime now, haha
here is a download link
http://www.eibonrecords.com/samples/this_empty_flow_nowafter/02_marmite.mp3

requiem said:
If it's acoustic sorrow you're after, check out:

Empyrium- 'Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays'

and the Saturnus track 'For You Demons' from the 'For the Loveless Lonely Nights' mini-lp.

The Saturnus track in particular is my favourite emotional acoustic song. Heartbreaking, yet positive... it's strange.
Check out ' of the wand and the moon ' its a side project of Kim Larson ( ex saturnus guitarest) its in the vein of the acoustic saturnus songs, but sadder, darker and better !

www.ofthewandandthemoon.dk

They have to albums out, both are great, with a thrid sometime soon!

if you want to download a track to help you make up your mind about buying an album, listen to ' raven chant ':)