some new CODE666 previews ...

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
doing some updates to the webstore and thought I'd share some goodies with you before anyone else sees them.

The new TMK is particularly kicking my ass !!!! :headbang:

>>>

THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE- A clockwork highway

Visionary Post-Industrial Metal

The Kollective is back with a noise soundtrack full of Dark Visions of future, unspeakable questions and disturbing grooves, featuring industrial star BAD SECTOR. Do not expect a "New Era Viral Order part 2.", as usual The Kollective morphed in a new Entity with a new line-up (including the Industrial Guru Bad Sector) and a new music style, this time more close to the Apocalyptic post-core scene (Isis, Neurosis) the new songs are a slow, hypnotic, tribal trip in a noise soundtrack, like William Gibson in Mescal Overdose..-

MP3 sample: http://www.auralmusic.com/mp3/the_gospel.mp3

------------------------------

code666:

THE AXIS OF PERDITION- "Physical Illucinations in the Sewer Of Xuchilbara"

Extreme Cinematic-Metal

five new unreleased songs exclusively recorded for this release (not to appear on next album). Following the critical claim of "The Ichneumon Method", The Axis of Perdition strike back with a half-hour of hell in the form of "Physical Illucinations In The Sewer of Xuchilbara", an uncompromising nightmare trip into their collective psyche guaranteed to make their previous work seem safe in comparison. Dark ambient and metal come another step closer to uniting in this vivid and psychotic soundscape and no listener will remain unscathed. Both as a unique experience of horror and a warning of the darkness to come in their forthcoming second album, "Physical Illucinations..." is not to be missed.

MP3 sample: http://www.soundclick.com/axisofperdition

-------------------------------------

aural music

MECHANICAL POET - "Woodland Prattlers"

Orchestral Progressive-Metal

an incredibly fresh and original album filled with progressive metal riffs, deep ambient pads , trance electronics and rich classical orchestrations! imagine a never heard before mix of Tim Burton, Progressive Metal, Japanese Cartoons and East-European Gothic Atmospheres. Amazing Concept Artwork by Lee Nichols, with a custom-made 20pp comic-book displaying the whole story behind the album concept. This is gonna be one of the highlights of the 2004, do not miss it! (10/10 on HeavyMetal Mag, 98% on Top Metal).

MP3 sample: http://www.auralmusic.com/mp3/bogie_in_a_cole_hole_rough_mix_version.mp3

-----------------------------

aural music

MECHANICAL POET - "Woodland Prattlers"

Orchestral Progressive-Metal

This is the Special Edition LIMITED to 1000 copies, featuring the whole "woodland Prattlers" cd PLUS the previously unreleased "Handmade Essence" MCD as bonus, all wrapped in exclusive artwork. an incredibly fresh and original album filled with progressive metal riffs, deep ambient pads , trance electronics and rich classical orchestrations! imagine a never heard before mix of Tim Burton, Progressive Metal, Japanese Cartoons and East-European Gothic Atmospheres. Amazing Concept Artwork by Lee Nichols, with a custom-made 20pp comic-book displaying the whole story behind the album concept. This is gonna be one of the highlights of the 2004, do not miss it! (10/10 on HeavyMetal Mag, 98% on Top Metal). .

MP3 sample: http://www.auralmusic.com/mp3/bogie_in_a_cole_hole_rough_mix_version.mp3

Aura01slip - Limited edition Slipcase-Box Double-CD - 16 Euro

-----------------------------------

amaranth recordings

THE SOUNDBYTE- "Rivers Of Broken Glass"

Cold-Cutting Music

The Soundbyte is the solo-project of Trond Engum from The 3rd and the Mortal. First release to come out on Amaranth Recordings, the Aural Music Imprints ruled by Ephel Duath's Mastermind Davide Tiso. Massive, cold and penetrating; cutting shards of resigned angst with twinges of hope that feels like morphine, and continuously shimmering with fragments of sheer beauty. Always experimenting with different concrete sounds and introducing sheer, almost transparent vocals upon far murkier, monotone foundations, The Soundbyte has developed it's own voice. The result is an exiting and dark voyage through soundscapes consisting of drums, bass, innovative guitars, male and female vocals, mellow strings, brass, keyboards and programming.

MP3 sample: http://www.auralmusic.com/mp3/waiting.mp3

sign me up the Thee Maldoror Kollective album then. I liekd the debut, but it seems somewhat disjointed and overshadowed by the others in that area. It showed lots of promise though.

I think I'm gonna get the Thee Maldoror Kollective album to review. Should be interesting to hear their new sound.

That last Thee Maldoror Kollective kicked a lot of ass.

Listening... oh cool he's doing that kickass pushed voice thingy that ruled on the last one, but only on one track. I dig it.

When the hell is the new NB album coming out?

Instead of a leaf, they should just provide a bag of seeds this time. I'll grow that shit myself.

Mechanical Poet sounds a bit like [equal parts] White Zombie meets Nine Inch Nails meets King Diamond meets the soundtrack to Edward Scissorhands. I don't know what to make of it, but it's certainly different! Not bad really, fun for the xmas season in a "Nightmare before Christmas" sort of way.

Thee Maldoror Kollective is automatically being mailed out to NAD. He can review it. :D

The Soundbyte sounds really expansive. It's melancholic, doomy (since it's 3rd and Mortal brains at work here), and a tad gothic. It's odd because I shouldn't like this (it's very synth heavy), but I do....bits of it remind of a cross between Devin Townsend and Leonard Cohen. It was "recorded during a two month period on a boat in the open north sea". It really is quite cool....very dark, murky, and melodic. Good surprise there.

The Soundbyte sounds really expansive. It's melancholic, doomy (since it's 3rd and Mortal brains at work here), and a tad gothic. It's odd because I shouldn't like this (it's very synth heavy), but I do....bits of it remind of a cross between Devin Townsend and Leonard Cohen. It was "recorded during a two month period on a boat in the open north sea". It really is quite cool....very dark, murky, and melodic. Good surprise there.
I really like this also, my second fave after TMK, Mechanical Poet does not do much for me. Emi calls them Harry Potter Metal :loco: ... but they have some cult following and it's a highly anticipated release.

The SOundbyte is like a soundtrack to some James Bond movie ... I don't know if you guys ever saw Killing Zoe, but it reminds me of some music from that movie. I like it