some of you fuckers are just being idiots

Thanatopsis said:
my post was just to say, come on people...it's not hard to be nice.
One doesn't even have to be nice all the time.
But then I guess even "Please try not to permanently act like a total douchebag" is far too much to ask for some people.
But then oh well, what drugs, booze or gambling are to some, being a douchebag on the internet is to others: an addiction.

Thanatopsis said:
i've been reading this forum less and less lately. I am a nice person, I don't think anyone here would say to themselves "That Thanatopsis guy is a real asshole". So it just bothers me that many of you go out of your way to break the webmaster's rules, make life miserable for younger or less informed fans, or simply degrade the band in general.

sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't have the right to make anyone be quiet, but I do have the right to say that it would go a long way if some of you would simply remember the words kindness, courtesy, and patience. If someone wants to know if there are COB vids online, either say nothing or say, sorry there aren't any. If someone says that they are new and they like "Are You Dead Yet?" then stop telling them they're stupid, stop putting the band down. There is no point but self-gratification. You say "no it just sucks" and in your mind it does, in my mind its not as bad as you say but its better than most things on the radio here. My point is this: new people come here because its the "Children of Bodom" forum, but they soon realize it's been overtaken by persons who don't really care about Children of Bodom. I think Yanko's idea of another forum was a great one, go and be as depraved and rude as you like. I am a patient person, so I haven't said anything up till now, but seriously people, grow up and realize that putting other's down will never get you anywhere but further into immature pride.
You're all probably proud of this, but I have noticed that the noobs that are accepted right away no question are the pretty girls that post pictures of themselves.

I don't expect anything to change from my post, and I am not forcing this on anyone obviously, but does anyone else think that a kind word to a noob or an answer to a simple but repeated question, or keeping your bodom bashing to yourself ARE NOT HARD THINGS TO DO?

okay....Thanatopsis is done ranting...maybe someone will rethink their immaturity

Internet drama is funny.....:Spin:

Thanatopsis said:
i've been reading this forum less and less lately. I am a nice person, I don't think anyone here would say to themselves "That Thanatopsis guy is a real asshole". So it just bothers me that many of you go out of your way to break the webmaster's rules, make life miserable for younger or less informed fans, or simply degrade the band in general.

sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't have the right to make anyone be quiet, but I do have the right to say that it would go a long way if some of you would simply remember the words kindness, courtesy, and patience. If someone wants to know if there are COB vids online, either say nothing or say, sorry there aren't any. If someone says that they are new and they like "Are You Dead Yet?" then stop telling them they're stupid, stop putting the band down. There is no point but self-gratification. You say "no it just sucks" and in your mind it does, in my mind its not as bad as you say but its better than most things on the radio here. My point is this: new people come here because its the "Children of Bodom" forum, but they soon realize it's been overtaken by persons who don't really care about Children of Bodom. I think Yanko's idea of another forum was a great one, go and be as depraved and rude as you like. I am a patient person, so I haven't said anything up till now, but seriously people, grow up and realize that putting other's down will never get you anywhere but further into immature pride.
You're all probably proud of this, but I have noticed that the noobs that are accepted right away no question are the pretty girls that post pictures of themselves.

I don't expect anything to change from my post, and I am not forcing this on anyone obviously, but does anyone else think that a kind word to a noob or an answer to a simple but repeated question, or keeping your bodom bashing to yourself ARE NOT HARD THINGS TO DO?

okay....Thanatopsis is done ranting...maybe someone will rethink their immaturity

now i feel bad....YOU ASSHOLE!!!:Spin:

Bob is right, I'm also tired of browsing countless useless threads, all you fuckin wannabie cool n00bs spamming board are pathetic. I have nothing agains spam, but ffs do it good. Check out threads from 2 years back and see how it should be done. You try way too hard to impress us.