some of you will shart when you hear this

April 8, 1988 I saw Sanctuary open for Megadeth in Fayetteville, NC. When I heard Battle Angels, I was instantly a fan. I've been a Sanctuary/Nevermore/WD fan every since. Can't wait to hear more info about this!!

Wow - this is incredible news, as long as it doesn't threaten the existence of NEVERMORE in any way !!!! I always felt like NM was just a heavier continuation of Sanctuary anyway and I would've been ok if NM re-recorded a few classics or at least played some of them live. I thought "Taste Revenge" was just awesome when WD's solo band played it live.

My quick "how I found Sanctuary" story: I was in a prog band that were huge fans of Fates Warning and we went to see them open for Sanctuary in Ybor City (Tampa, FL). and we were pissed that FW had to open for somebody. As soon as FW was done, we were going to leave but thankfully we decided to just see what this headlining band was all about. In typical fashion - we stood near the back with our arms folded, not wanting to give any respect and then we were just all blown away by this insane singer with hair down to his waist - and these awesome riffs from the guitars. We moved closer to the stage, and by the end of the night we had pushed to the front and were in awe of what we had seen. The next day I drove right to the record store and bought both Sanctuary cd's and from that point on they, along with NM and WD had become my all-time favorite band(s) !!!!!

1988 .............. I was in the 4th grade, dancing to bad 80's music in school parties that ended at 9pm, and I had a pair of LA Gear with like tones of shoe-laces in them.
Oh yeah, fashion !

kimmy4.jpg