some of you will shart when you hear this

If people say "why call it Sanctuary if Warrel, Jim and Loomis are in the band?", I would say what that one concert host on that 1992 bootleg of Nevermore said, "Sanctuary is Nevermore!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApMv7BrfhKw&feature=related[/ame]

excellent, excellent.

Honestly, Sanctuary needs the higher vocals. I understand the whole "it feels right. we want to do this for US!" aspect of this. I get it. You also have to look at it from the point-of-view of the fans that will be having wet dreams about what this stuff is going to sound like. When I think of Sanctuary, I think of the groove, the atmosphere, AND THE VOCALS. The killer high vocals really made the band stand out. Sure, it would be CALLED Sanctuary, it would have the BAND MEMBERS of Sanctuary, but if it doesn't have the signature SOUND, the fans (and most importantly, me), will be extremely disappointed.

that being said, i am BEYOND excited for this. I hope to see a proper TOUR, too... SMALL CLUBS!

Also, it would be mandatory for Jeff to use his Into The Mirror Black Axtra, if you decide to use him. Personally, I'd want to see the original guitarist so I can get the complete band's signatures on my original vinyls. :kickass:

excellent, excellent.

Honestly, Sanctuary needs the higher vocals. I understand the whole "it feels right. we want to do this for US!" aspect of this. I get it. You also have to look at it from the point-of-view of the fans that will be having wet dreams about what this stuff is going to sound like. When I think of Sanctuary, I think of the groove, the atmosphere, AND THE VOCALS. The killer high vocals really made the band stand out. Sure, it would be CALLED Sanctuary, it would have the BAND MEMBERS of Sanctuary, but if it doesn't have the signature SOUND, the fans (and most importantly, me), will be extremely disappointed.

that being said, i am BEYOND excited for this. I hope to see a proper TOUR, too... SMALL CLUBS!

Well said, Will.
I agree!

best idea ever.

watchtower, however, are looking for a new singer now :(

belladonna is back in anthrax too, though that is not too exciting the eighth time around.

best idea ever.

watchtower, however, are looking for a new singer now :(

belladonna is back in anthrax too, though that is not too exciting the eighth time around.

Yeah, after I posted that I went to wikipedia to see if there was any updated Watchtower news and I saw the thing about the guy leaving the band again

pfffffft

I agree, the vocals really were a main reason I was a Sanctuary fan. Just the fact though that they had well written songs was also a plus.
So are we finally going to get to hear the Psychedelic Prayers material?

In honor of the news I broke out Refuge Denied and Mirror Black and they still stand the test of time. They remind me of where I was at those times in my life and how excited I was when I discovered the band. Mirror Black has some of my favorite lyrics of all-time. I wonder how much of the original band will be involved?

That is great news!
And i'm with Nightshade when it comes to the high pitched vocals.

1988 .............. I was in the 4th grade, dancing to bad 80's music in school parties that ended at 9pm,
and I had a pair of LA Gear with like tones of shoe-laces in them. Oh yeah, fashion !

P1010223.jpg

angel-smiley-5100.gif

Iris, that's so funny :lol:

...and strangely enough, Wacken 2001 when Nevermore went on stage, Warrel and I were dressed the same.. I'll never forget that..
I was in the Media Pit in front of the stage, and my friend looked at me and said: "hey, you guys are dressed the same"
Funniest thing ever.

Wacken 2001: leather pants, a tight black shirt with laces, and a cowboy/cowgirl hat... hello coincidence.
and now the LG gear/ bad hair too??
That's just too much! :lol:

yep - I wish I could find a pic of me from that fest- my friend has most of them, and the ones I have are in albums (pre-digital camera era)
But I had the exact outfit.. It was hilarious. My friend (Erik from Holland who noticed it) still laughs about it.
Same shirt (only mine was for females obviously) same coat, same pants (even the bell bottoms/boot cut!!) and same hat!

freaky!