Some people are just pretty damn pathetic...

abyssofdreams

knows what you think.
Sep 30, 2002
Germany
www.abyssofdreams.com
Forgive me for posting it on the main forum but I feel it is more important and not off-topic at all as I know some of you guys get similar messages.

Once in a while I get a PM from a newbie asking me for settings and/or help on his/her tone and most of the time I just reply that they can get all the info they need on the boards unless it is something super-specific I could answer fast IF I have the time to. Usually people understand what I say and are quite nice but some just don't seem to get it.

Here's an excerpt of a guy who messaged me over at MySpace including 2 friend-requests and trying to push me, including an empty threat :lol:

His second mail, after I suggested to him he should consider the boards for help:

Damn dude, you denied my friend request & couldn't give me that small amount of imformation? You're a fucking asshole. I was gonna send you a shirt & cd of my band but now forget it. I thought "Metal Brothers" helped each other out. I'll crush your tone one day.

He just blocked me on MySpace, so I didn't have a chance to reply this:

First of all watch your language, kid. How old are you? 14?
People work, you know. I can't always reply within minutes and you just asked me a few hours ago. I was about to look up which clip you meant and since you didn't give me any pointers I don't even know where to look.... and now I don't think I will invest any more time in this now that you wrote to me in a such a charming way.

Also, I already told you that you can get all the info you need on the boards so what magic formula do you expect from me? There is none. Just try out, learn and practice, best advice I can give. Besides, you are not my "metal brother" nor do I give a shit about your friend request as I do not add people I do not know personally. That's nothing personal against you. Grow up.

So, little guy, if you see this... :)

Anyone else have a suggestion on how to deal with fuckers like this?
Just ignore them?

Myspace is pretty jokes man
I'd say you were perfectly justified
just verbally bitchslap him then leave him to fume bro, he may grow up, he may not, whatever, who cares either way? :p
you're the guy dialling in sick tones and he's just some mouthy little cunt off myspace, ignore him

Damn dude, you denied my friend request & couldn't give me that small amount of imformation? You're a fucking asshole. I was gonna send you a shirt & cd of my band but now forget it. I thought "Metal Brothers" helped each other out. I'll crush your tone one day.

Hahaha :lol: Damn! Some kids have to learn patience, this is so important. A case for Super Nanny. Your response was very good, so I think..he will think about it and hopefully learn from it.

tell me his name and I will ignore every threads he makes:p

the way he acts is stupid, and my guess he won`t have the patience to ever become a "good" mixer.. Good response from you, even though he blocked you:p

Totally disrespectful but you handled it well.Providing your not allowing "It" to bug you.
I'd like to see him speak to you in that manner face to face........pathetic at how intelligent and big some people are behind a computer screen.
Power to you i say.

Can I just ADD. I don't REAMP YET! Read my fucking SIGNATURE. (if you've spoke to me before this message please ignore).

When I do I'll be charging $200 per minute of reamping.

I hear you man.. i hear you.. I need to stop giving away settings away as well.

You know what i hate the most? i get emails and PM's as well asking for the POD XT patch, DFHS settings, what i do on the master track, what my process is during recording, how i record, etc... now it's no problem if people want to know these things, but to just grab my time/explanation and settings and then never reply back to even say thanks or a decent reply to all the words and work i've put into the answer really gets me pissed off... like they have their settings now, they can't be arsed to reply and i can fuck off now.

Only place I've ever posted any settings is here
and ONLY HERE
because i know you guys wont be unappreciative dicks
apart from that, nobody gets my vst amp sim presets, the processing info the drums, or even the damn subdrop i used
its all because i love you guise