some wonderings

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
Does anyone have an Enchant fit occasionally right before going to bed?You're going to listen to one song and many times you end up playing 2-5 favorite songs from each album and then it's 1 or 2 a.m. before you know it.

Doesn't Doug do a few lead vocals on the albums( apart from the bonus on BOTW) like in Bite my tongue? Or is it just Ted's lower/deeper voice?

Has anyone else misheard the lyrics in the Thirst: I´m so fatigued.. as = I´m so f***ed here :tickled: ?

Does anyone else not value the song Enchanted highly?

Djo

Thanks for the cool post King.

That is Doug here and there in parts, See No Evil as well from TOW and Break actually opens with his vocals, there are other parts as well.

And we often hear a lot of other lyrics, sometimes we subsitute them often on tour after having a few beers. I have not heard that in the Thirst but mybe Ted will sing it that way now.

And I think people value Enchanted so much becuse they can relate to this very much, have we all not been?

NP Wiliam Hung : Hung for the Holidays :

Djöfull said:
Does anyone have an Enchant fit occasionally right before going to bed?You're going to listen to one song and many times you end up playing 2-5 favorite songs from each album and then it's 1 or 2 a.m. before you know it.

Doesn't Doug do a few lead vocals on the albums( apart from the bonus on BOTW) like in Bite my tongue? Or is it just Ted's lower/deeper voice?

Has anyone else misheard the lyrics in the Thirst: I´m so fatigued.. as = I´m so f***ed here :tickled: ?

Does anyone else not value the song Enchanted highly?

He rocks Dano man

Its sooooooooooooo bad its good! Actually my son is highly amused with him.

NP : Aquaintance ................so long so long.............

dano1427 said:
Ed...Ed...Ed...William hung?

--dan

dano1427 said:
I know...I guess it's the "oddness" of it all...she bangs, she bangs...I just find it disturbingly odd...
It is somewhat...bizarre! But I guess, it comes down to what we'll learn to tolerate for the sake of our kids. I actually liked Barney for a while. :yuk: And went to a Spice Girls concert. :ill: Thankfully, my child now has her own Enchant addiction! Beautiful and Sinking Sand are her current faves.

Doug's vocals--a very cool/hot touch. As much as I love Enchant's instrumentals, it would not be Enchant without Ted's incredible voice. (Just kidding about that all-instrumental cd, Ted!)

Enchanted is so beautiful--I love my SE that has the accoustic version as well. Blueprint is an utterly amazing debut. And Mare is right, Nighttime Sky is wonderful, and must be played live, SOON. By the way, Rasputin's on Telegraph in Berkeley currently has three Enchant cds...Blueprint SE, Tug and Live at Last. I'm going to buy Blueprint today for one of my rocker friends who needs to be brought gently into the 90's.

CANNOT wait for that DVD!!!!! And another gig. ROOSTER'S IN ALAMEDA!!! DOUBLE BILL WITH ALAMEDA ALL-STARS!!! Then you'd get the audience that need's to be dragged into the 90s and the 00s!! And you'd kick a@*!!!:headbang: End of Rant.

Kristin
Via:hotjump: enchanted impatient dragon

Don't get back on track yet until I get to say what's burning in my heart...

There's something TRULY WRONG in the world when William Hung can sell 100,000 units of his latest album and the guys in Enchant have day jobs...

Absolute insanity...! :yuk:

OK...venting completed... please proceed with the thread...

SQUONK2 said:

There's something TRULY WRONG in the world when William Hung can sell 100,000 units of his latest album and the guys in Enchant have day jobs...

I second that! :) America just doesn't know what it's missing! There are way too many excellent musicians and bands that are under-known and under-appreciated.

Whoever's backing Hung has certainly milked his "15 minutes of fame" for everything it was (or even wasn't) worth. Fear not, though, Squonk...the fickle public will soon forget this guy (he'll show up in a VH1 "Where are They Now" special in 2015 no doubt!), and no way will he ever record 7 albums...

Three (four, five, six?) cheers to Enchant for hanging in there and making the amazing music despite the lack of the fame and fortune bestowed on so many untalented and undeserving groups!

Cheers!

The part about us having day jobs is just truly wrong Bob :loco:

And Hung is so incredibly bad it is awesome. Check out his version of Hotel California some time and try not to piss yourself laughing.

I will definaly be bringing that one on the bus on our next tour to torment everyone.

NP : The Good Don,t Last ( so true ) Spocks Beard

SQUONK2 said:

This is a great rant Kristin

And I am with you about playing locally again, it needs to happen like soon. Alameda hah, thats damn close to the Studio now isnt it.

Man are the All Stars still at it?

NP : In the Mouth of Madness ( same disc ) SB

Viadragon said:
It is somewhat...bizarre! But I guess, it comes down to what we'll learn to tolerate for the sake of our kids. I actually liked Barney for a while. :yuk: And went to a Spice Girls concert. :ill: Thankfully, my child now has her own Enchant addiction! Beautiful and Sinking Sand are her current faves.

Doug's vocals--a very cool/hot touch. As much as I love Enchant's instrumentals, it would not be Enchant without Ted's incredible voice. (Just kidding about that all-instrumental cd, Ted!)

Enchanted is so beautiful--I love my SE that has the accoustic version as well. Blueprint is an utterly amazing debut. And Mare is right, Nighttime Sky is wonderful, and must be played live, SOON. By the way, Rasputin's on Telegraph in Berkeley currently has three Enchant cds...Blueprint SE, Tug and Live at Last. I'm going to buy Blueprint today for one of my rocker friends who needs to be brought gently into the 90's.

CANNOT wait for that DVD!!!!! And another gig. ROOSTER'S IN ALAMEDA!!! DOUBLE BILL WITH ALAMEDA ALL-STARS!!! Then you'd get the audience that need's to be dragged into the 90s and the 00s!! And you'd kick a@*!!!:headbang: End of Rant.

Kristin
Via:hotjump: enchanted impatient dragon

Viadragon said:
Doug's vocals--a very cool/hot touch.
Since "Live at Last", I've come to think that Doug's deep vocals aren't just "nice for a change", but actually good! His and Ted's intertwining lines in "The Thirst" and "At Death's Door" are beyond cool! All he wanted too beeeee...

The Stormbringer said:
Since "Live at Last", I've come to think that Doug's deep vocals aren't just "nice for a change", but actually good! His and Ted's intertwining lines in "The Thirst" and "At Death's Door" are beyond cool! All he wanted too beeeee...
Besides Doug's vocals on LaL, another revelation for me was seeing/hearing Bill in action. I hope the dvd visually captures the energy that was bouncing around on that stage.

Ed--yes, Alameda All-Stars still going strong. I've lived all these years in Alameda, and never saw them until last spring, and I had to go back home to Berkeley to see them! They played at a "Guitars for Life" benefit for progeria (that disease that causes rapid aging in children:erk: ) The highlight of the night for me was the Tubes...(don't let me get started on that subject!)

By the way, the Roosters suggestion is from my daughter Cait and she was right about iMusicast, wasn't she?!:D http://www.roostersroadhouse.net/index.html
Yup, Alameda's way close to your studio. First round's on me (for the band, anyway!) :headbang:

Kristin, queen of digression

Viadragon said:
Besides Doug's vocals on LaL, another revelation for me was seeing/hearing Bill in action. I hope the dvd visually captures the energy that was bouncing around on that stage.
Even without having seen the concert yet, I think that Bill has been a real blessing for the band in the rather short period of time he's been a part of Enchant up until now. His flashy keys breathe new life into some of the band's standards (e.g. his solos in "Under the Sun").