Somebody keeps rating my threads 1-star.

Well maybe. Didn't realize it'd make Keely that mad, and it's not my normal style anyway.

But yeah, I'm not the one rating you one star. If anything, I RARELY rate threads.

I've rated this and one other thread with 1 star, mainly because OIM actually care about thread ratings, which I found hilarious. I'm not the mastermind behind most of the ratings, though.

I actually knew it was Random Beard last night. Deron told me via PM. So I laughed it off since he's a regular.

With that said, I wasn't really going to ban anyone...it was actually bait...a form of reverse psychology if you will to bring the culprit out from the shadows. And it worked....

Anybody move and the *bong* gets it.

Hmmm.... quick question - does the occassional 1 or 2 star ratings and such hurt the forum in any way? (I don't mean the current "let's rate every thread" phase that's going on right now, but just the occassional low or high rating).

I've rated a couple threads one star to five stars in the past a few times simply based on how I actually felt about them. I would usually only give the dreaded one star rating to a thread that had absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever in my eyes (for example the picture of the guy with the phone receiver jammed in his asshole).

But hey, if it actually hurts the forum in any way shape or form, I'll hold off on doing so in the future. That's the last thing I want to do. :)

Henrik Main said:
I've rated this and one other thread with 1 star, mainly because OIM actually care about thread ratings, which I found hilarious.
I think it's a matter of strange childlike curiosity, but more of a "HUH?" than a "HEY!" type reaction from me, I dunno.

Or just deer in the headlights syndrome, I see stars and just stare away................ o_O

Dark One said:
Hmmm.... quick question - does the occassional 1 or 2 star ratings and such hurt the forum in any way? (I don't mean the current "let's rate every thread" phase that's going on right now, but just the occassional low or high rating).

I've rated a couple threads one star to five stars in the past a few times simply based on how I actually felt about them. I would usually only give the dreaded one star rating to a thread that had absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever in my eyes (for example the picture of the guy with the phone receiver jammed in his asshole).

But hey, if it actually hurts the forum in any way shape or form, I'll hold off on doing so in the future. That's the last thing I want to do. :)

Rating threads is fine. We even had a thread discussing the logic behind each rating. Even I have rated threads several times - it's interesting to scan down the threads and see which ones get the star treatment.

But then, for no real reason, we'd get these one star ratings....and this was like two posts into the thread!!! Sometimes it was funny, but then Random BEard flogged the dead horse into oblivion. I don't know how long it took him to do all that, but he even rated every single review thread in the sub-forum. o_O :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
but he even rated every single review thread in the sub-forum. o_O :tickled:
:lol:

that's like when Kleo went into every board with less than a certain amount of posts and posted,
kleo706 said:
Since you guys aren't up to all that much, we're having a party to celebrate my birthday this Saturday. There will be cake, pie, punch, and a round table discussion about the plight of the ring tailed lemur. Want to come?

The thread ratings aren't hurting anyone, at least when they were merely an inside joke, but the stunt No Lordy Beard pulled off does give an impression, albeit a misleading one, that we're a forum of shitstirrers arguing pointlessly among ourselves.

It's funny because it's...true?