Someone please post a raw 5150/6505 + Mesa Oversized sample

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
I'm really curious about the difference between the Mesa Recto Oversized cab and the Stiletto one, especially when paired with 5150 or 6505 amps.
If someone can post a raw extract it would be very cool, and also if someone also uses the Stiletto, I'd really like to hear the difference !

Do a search... I think it was Matt Smith that posted some great samples of a 5150 through a mesa oversized cab, the mesa traditional/stiletto cab, and a krank cab.

They are great for comparing the differences in cab styles.

Do a search... I think it was Matt Smith that posted some great samples of a 5150 through a mesa oversized cab, the mesa traditional/stiletto cab, and a krank cab.

They are great for comparing the differences in cab styles.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that, but the clips are no longer up, unless someone feels like PM'ing Matt and seeing if he'll re up them?

While not "raw tracks," the entirety of my band Backmask's debut album "Dark Fiber" (streaming on our website and myspace) is 6505+ with Mesa OS cab, into Audix i5 mic with an original Neve 1081 mic pre.

I used to use the oversize cab and switched back to regular. It was just monster low end. Even with all that low end I would run the 6505 high setting at 3 or 4. I'm still looking for an "in between" cab. I'm using a 90's model Peavey cab with 80watt celestions now, and I have my higs rolled off to 2-3. I have yet to try the v30s in a regular cab with the 5150.