Something that goes out to the old and new Nevermore fans....

Neverlady

Sep 12, 2001
Remember back in around 1990 when Sanctuary split up seemed noone really cared about the guys. Noone except for the die hard fans... Well, why do you guys think Nevermore is so much in the spot light nowadays?? I'm not saying that's a problem, no way!! Just kinda curious about your opinions on it.

First to the old fans: what changed in the music industry, in the media, in Nevermore that made them more famous than ever?

Second to the kinda new fans who got to know them with the last albums (Dead Heart and Dreaming Neon Black): how did you get to know the guys' music (did that happen with the help of the media?) and what do you think of the earlier records (including Sanctuary)?

And third to Tee: how ya been, deary? :D

I got into Nevermore in between DNB and DHIADW. And I got into them through my brother. The first Nevermore song I heard was Beyond Within, and that is still one of my favourite Nevermore songs. Then I heard some mp3's from DHIADW before it came out(somehow, I don't know, maybe they had some on the site or something) and the rest is history. Nevermore is now my favourite band hands down. As for their other albums, they are extrememly good. I love their old stuff. IM, POE, s/t, they are all amazing. Even though DHIADW is my favourite album, IM, DNB, and POE are tied for second with s/t third. Not to say that s/t is bad because it is definitely not, it's amazing. One of them has to be the worst though. As for Sanctuary, from what I have heard, they also kick a hell of alot of ass. More power metal than Nevermore, but thats alright. Sanctuary's awesome. Well, that's my story.

I found out about Nevermore about the end of last year. I was watching a wrestling tape with Raven on it and saw that he was wearing a Nevermore t-shirt. I thought the t-shirt was wicked so I went to http://scottlevy.com and checked out the shirt section, to see if it was available to purchase. From this site I was told that Nevermore were a heavy metal band from Seattle. I decided the check em out. The first song I got my hands on was Insignificant... and I fucking LOVED the song. I couldn't stop listening to it! That's how it all began, since then I have purchased every album and I'm in the process of buying the In Memory EP. My favourite album at this present time is Politics.

Sanctuary are awesome. I found every one of their songs on Audiogalaxy and I'm glad I did. Music that just has to be heard by everyone it is.

Angel

:err:
yes, you did!!! :loco:
what can I say here? I'm a relatively new fan, got to know NVRMR when their DNB album was released, but the first one I heard was S/T, and I find it amazing although Warrel said that it sucks (!!!). My friend recommended it to me saying that I must hear the greatest vocalist he has ever heard. I do find them an extraordinary band, they are really great. What is more, I also like Sanctuary very much, especially "Refuge Denied", for Warrel's vox in particular, although I share the opinion of the majority that "Into the Mirror Black" is like an introduction into Nevermore... and I'm not a die hard fan, of Sanctuary, that is...
I basically wouldn't say that NVRMR are that much in the spot light of Sancturary, ... It definetily is so for those fans who loved them while they were still Sanctuary, but nowadays, I would say that most people prefer NVRMR...I guess...
Oh, yeah, not to forget, my favourite NVRMR album is "PoE", I'm really thrilled to hear that the new one, "PIN" will sound much like "PoE"....

Never-lady, thanks for remembering me.....in the end...
:lol:

Thanks for all of you to answer!

Tee: I didn't think Nevermore is in the shadow of Sanctuary. The only thing is that NVRMR is more successful than it has ever been before. And I'm really curious about what you think the reason for it could be... So go ahead and tell me!! :D

that's what I thought too you were thinking when you said that....thinking about some things deeper can't bring you anything good.....:lol:

hey, why do you think I could tell you something about that??? :err: I thought you might know... :loco:

:heh:

Well, Tee, let me put it this way.... I have my opinion about it for sure.... :D I was just curious about yours.... Anyway you seem to be a real blonde nowadays... Congratulations!!! :heh: :lol:

"in the mirror you might not like what you see,
for the mirror reflects the fears that you feel..."

are you wearing a hat today today? :rolleyes:

(i'm just trying to be invisible .... :p )

I'm a fan since the PoE days.When a group keeps releasing albums of such quality,especially when they have a big record company behind them,it is natural for it to become bigger and bigger.Sanctuary only did two albums,they didn't last enough to gain so many fans.Keep in mind that those were difficult days for metal,with the whole grunge explosion.It seems natural to me that Nevermore are successful today BUT-they are more successful than they would be if they didn't try for that.I mean the fan base was growing healthily until DNB,but with DHIADW it became an explosion...and it's something Nevermore wanted and chased,as DHIADW is easily their simplest,easiest-to-understand album.And I will state once more that I believe that BIN was written to be a hit and to me is not a Nevermore song.

So finally someone who is kindly against the success of Nevermore..... :err: Well, Dragonlord, I know and completely understand what you mean but trust me on one thing: it doesn't make you THE REAL FAN of a band if you are keep stating that you don't like the latest stuffs just because they sold themselves with it... Nevermore does deserve attention, more than it got in the early days and as they got it they will be able to release what they feel like doing later on... Believe in Nothing is still an amazing song, it is truly NEVERMORE, who else could write those riffs and lyrics if not them??? And besides that my favorite NVRMR-record is still The Politics of Ecstasy....

As for you Tee... Are you trying to attack me or what??? :D And no hat for me today..... ;)

:lol: oh, I just thought you were attacking me....:loco:

and about Dragonlord and his statement.... I'll be so free and support him on that one... :) no hard feelings, Neverlady... ;)

...which of his statements???

Certainly no hard feeling, Tee.... I will just kill you if I meet you again.... :loco: :D

:( hey, you, lady, don't you ever say that again, hear me???!!!

;) of course you'll go....with me.... (don't make me drag you by your hair... you know that it'll be a big problem for me as I don't know how to be pushy and aggressive....:rolleyes:

:cool:

Originally posted by Neverlady
So finally someone who is kindly against the success of Nevermore..... :err: Well, Dragonlord, I know and completely understand what you mean but trust me on one thing: it doesn't make you THE REAL FAN of a band if you are keep stating that you don't like the latest stuffs just because they sold themselves with it... Nevermore does deserve attention, more than it got in the early days and as they got it they will be able to release what they feel like doing later on... Believe in Nothing is still an amazing song, it is truly NEVERMORE, who else could write those riffs and lyrics if not them??? And besides that my favorite NVRMR-record is still The Politics of Ecstasy....
I didn't say I am the real fan of Nevermore,actually I don't think I am a fan of any band...It would make me veeery very happy if I liked all of the songs off DH,but I don't.Believe in Nothing is not a bad song (if you can characterize a song "bad") it's just that for me,it's not straight from the hearts of Nevermore,so it's not Nevermore.This is my opinion,you got yours,you're happy with it,we're all happy :)

If the question is whether I think Nevermore has sold out in some way, then a decisive no is the answer. They may be popular in Europe, but in the US virtually nobody has heard of them (except my friends that I force to listen to my music when I'm driving :lol: ).

Here's my story of discovering Nevermore:

When I was 14 or so, I joined the Columbia House tape club, and being still somewhat new to metal (I started when I was 11), I asked my friends for advice on which tapes to get. One of them was Into the Mirror Black. I didn't really listen to it much; I don't really remember why. Fast forward to when I was 22 (1999). I decided to go back through all my tapes and decide which ones to buy on CD. I listened to ITMB and was blown away. What took me so long? So, I got ITMB and Refuge Denied on CD. A year or so later, I was curious as to what happened to Sanctuary, and I happened upon the BNR Metal Pages http://welcome.to/bnrmetal and looked them up. I found out they became Nevermore, so I found some samples and immediately bought the debut. A little while later, I bought PoE and DNB. Then on to In Memory, and I got DHIADW the day it was released (they only had one copy at Media Play here and no other stores had it, so so much for the popularity theory). That's my Nevermore discovery experience.

i am one of these newer nevermore fans...maybe one of the newest here on this board. i just got into nevermore in spring 2001! Some months before i saw MAtthew Barlow (who is the singer of Iced earth) with a nevermore-shirt. that didn'T impress because the icedguys like kiss that don'T give me much...they like maiden that don't give me much etc...

anyway...in spring then i saw DHIDW in my local cd-store. i liked the artwork and i remembered the bandlogo. i tried that cd in the store and i was amazed. but i had no money so i went back home with that feeling that you miss something. next monday (two days later) i still remembered that refrain of DHIADW and i buyed it the same day :).
i am lost in nevermore since then! i like everything i heard from their other albums (though i don't own all YET) and sanctuary is as far as i know it (i got ITMB) great! i love it! this cd is a monster it has grown bigger than DHIADW and DNB!

well I'm a newer fan...got into em on DHIADW tour. I hadn't been into metal too long, but one of the bands i liked was In Flames, and i found out they were coming here so i decided to go. didn't think much of one of the other bands called Nevermore...but after that concert they've been my favorite band, that show was mindblowing, they stole the show. got all their albums after that show, saw em live again last month, was supposed to see em with Opeth in may but they cancelled...and i'm seein em again w/ overkill next month