sometimes it cracks me up that my friends are approaching 30 and still live at home.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I definitely do, but I was certainly living with my parents as I approached 30 (again, I moved out finally when I was 28). According to much of what's been said in this thread, I'm a loser.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but this is what I said:

Crimson Velvet said:
I totally understand that, man, but I really was aiming at the people who've never lived away from their parents. Hey, I lived at home for a month, myself, when things ended with my last fiancee.

Just so that you think I'm calling you a loser or anything! You obviously got a better job than me, judging from your cd-collection! :tickled:

lizard said:
and the fact that you can afford to live in the most congested, filthy, loud city in the US:tickled:

trust me, I used to live in the greater Chicago area and that place sucks too.

Congested? check
Loud? check
Filthy? not at all - I've been to a dozen cities far more shitty than NYC. Ever since Giuliani became mayor 12 years ago, NYC is a vastly cleaned-up place, and current mayor Bloomberg has continued that trend.

lizard said:
he'd like to. but he'll never be president.

that story he told at the convention, how at ground zero he put his arm around bernie kerik and said, "thank god George W. Bush is our president" is pure bullshit.

I do give him credit for trying to crack down on crime tho.

Giuliani himself might not ever be president, but IMO, he's the type of political mindset that is necessary for this country (slightly right-leaning moderate republican). So if not he, I hope someone of his ilk comes about. Because what we have now is garbage, and the candidates on the horizon are equally garbage. [/fucking2partypoliticalsystem]

As far as trying to crack down on crime...he DID crack down on crime. NYC is one of the safest major cities in the world thanks to his work.

AmId2.jpg

Yeah, it really all depends. I'm 21 and am still living "at home" (I live with my pops and that's it. It's actually more like a room mate relationship as in he let's me go as I please). Also, I'm in school and work part-time. The thing is, one should have a plan of what they're doing with their life. For instance, I'm saving and building up credit so that I can move into a house (as opposed to throwing my money down the commode by renting), but probably won't have enough to purchase, and move out, until I'm at least 25. Ironically, that's about the time I graduate from school. I guess I'm a loser. One smart fucking loser.

But yeah, so long as there is a plan and potential it really doesn't matter. Thirty is pushing it.