sonata arctica forum

is sonata arctica from brazil...?

Moreso, do they have anything in common with Angra? Some of the band members...all of them? Same producer? they sound very similar methinks.

Thanks Jax and Rick.

Nice pictures of you with your family, Jax. Hope you had a good christmas with them. I had remarked to Ade that the holiday season is probably best celebrated with kids, seeing them enjoy all the presents and stuff (I guess your's are too old for the ol' Santa fable). Your kids must think it's cool to have a rock dj/well connected "mom".

You too, Rick. Your son IS at the age where it's all still magical, isn't he? When I think about it, the Santa myth seems slightly spooky: a grown man creeping into your house. Anyhow, hope you had a good season with your son.

Well, to summarise my trip, my grasp of Italian has grown to around 7 words, I think I've (very slightly) put on weight with all the fantastic Italian food I've eaten (the Italians eat so much better than us Yanks and Brits, y'know....3 + course meals, apéritif...the whole 9 yards), I had an incredible time with Val, had the best Christmas day and New Year's Eve ever, and my only regret is that one of...actually [i[the[/i]) happiest times of my life came to an end.

Forgive my sentimental post. I'll stop.

Still, best to be positive and I hope everyone has a great new year and uses it as wisely as I will endeavour to.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Thanks Jax and Rick.

Nice pictures of you with your family, Jax. Hope you had a good christmas with them. I had remarked to Ade that the holiday season is probably best celebrated with kids, seeing them enjoy all the presents and stuff (I guess your's are too old for the ol' Santa fable). Your kids must think it's cool to have a rock dj/well connected "mom".

Thanks Lee! It was an awesome holiday week indeed with all 3 of my kids..we had a very good time.

My daughter is all impressed by my "connections" (I gave her SymX's last 2 cds as gifts & she was as thrilled with my name in the liners as she was with the music :lol: ), but my sons really couldn't care less..hehe.

Well, to summarise my trip, my grasp of Italian has grown to around 7 words

So tell us what vaffanculo (sp?) means then! ;)

I think I've (very slightly) put on weight with all the fantastic Italian food I've eaten (the Italians eat so much better than us Yanks and Brits, y'know....3 + course meals, apéritif...the whole 9 yards), I had an incredible time with Val, had the best Christmas day and New Year's Eve ever, and my only regret is that one of...actually [i[the[/i]) happiest times of my life came to an end.

Forgive my sentimental post. I'll stop.

Still, best to be positive and I hope everyone has a great new year and uses it as wisely as I will endeavour to.

I'm so glad you guys had a good visit, Lee!! You know we're going to bug you for pics every time until you show us some, so I hope you managed to get some this time!! ;)

thx Lee! I'm glad to hear you had such a great time, and that you were well taken care of. Sentimentality is not a bad thing! But veddy veddy un english to show too much, am I right? stiff upper lip and all that. that's one aspect of my family's heritage I wish they would loosen up on a little bit. it's scary to think how true to their puritan roots my family is, despite being over here since 1635 or so:lol:

we sure can burn a mean witch, tho :p

what is vaffanculo?????

i promise lee will always be well taken care of.
i thank jax and ricky for their words and lee for what he said about the time we've spent together.

side note: for the interested ones, last night i talked with inquisitor and he's doing fine :)

i didn't know that your dream was to know the exact translation of an italian swearword. here you are: literally that word means "go and have sex in the arse", but can very well be translated with a simple "fu*k off".

confession: i have a sick mind.
i was teaching one of my disciples, and to explain him that no straight line can pass through 3 non-aligned points, i told him: imagine you're at the post office; the only way you can shoot three old ladies waiting to receive their pension with just one (and superpowerful) bullet is that they are in a perfect queue :lol:

as they say here in america, "inquiring minds want to know." Jax and I can't stand not knowing!

a straight line cannot pass through three nonaligned points, true. however, your bullet analogy would not always work in practice, as the three old ladies bones could potentially deflect the bullet. therefore, you could, conceivably, have three old ladies in different parts of a bank, and the bullet could richochet off one, then off the second, ending it's wayward course in the third.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yeah, and if you're in the same post office with the three old ladies and me, i can punch you. the analogy of the straight line doesn't stand anymore, but you cannot talk for a while :D

Ahhh see, now I can finally rest, knowing what that word means..not to mention that it's always fun to know a curse word or two in another language.. :lol:

@pete: since you seem to like south park, can you tell me what you like in that? i've seen no more than 5 minutes of sp in my life, and in that short time i didn't find a reason for watching more. probably i found a reason for watching less, but when i realized that it was somehow too late... ;)

@jax: well, if you want for your birthday i can send you a more or less complete list of italian swearwords. if you convince me there's a point in it (in addition to the "it's always fun", obviously) :D