sonata arctica forum

lizard is a much cooler name though :D

my brothers name is rick by the way...not that any of you would care too much...lol...

anyway i think im going to have the chance to see Hammerfall, Kings x, and Dio play towards the end of december you guys think i should go? I dont really know any of their music too well...

Originally posted by lizard
Dio is classic, true...he has never been one of my favorites, tho.

but King's X is perhaps the most criminally neglected bands ever. to think they are probably a support band to the toad-like being known as Dio is nothing short of horrible.

I agree that they deserve better, but given that they are on a cheap-ass label (Muddle Blade), they should probably be glad they're touring at all..

Jax<--gonna go listen to Dogman now :)

00047871.jpg

a must have for any metal cd collection, although they are far more than just a metal band.

Liz, I don't have that cd..but I do have:

Out of the Silent Planet
Dogman
Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
faith hope love
King's X
Ear Candy
and
Please Come Home Mr. Bulbous

Will those suffice instead? ;)

Hmmm...King's X. I'm not sure about them. I listened to the album with It's Love on (is that King's X, the album?). I liked one or two tracks on it, but I found a lot of it kind of boring.
I think mainly for Ty Tabor's playing. I haven't heard any of their other albums since.

I quickly went off the Tabor's Platypus project with Sherinian, Morgenstein and some unknown bassist called John Myung. It sounded a little too grungy for my liking, although both albums had their moments, with Ice Cycles being my favourite of the two.
But again, Ty Tabor's playing and writing just doesn't grab me.

I even had a chance to talk with Sherinian online and I asked him about the Platypus stuff. He didn't seem too thrilled with the albums or the way in which they were written.

But Doug Pinnick's voice is really good. He sounds ultra powerful at times, and with all that vocal layering they do, they even manage to sound a little like The Beatles at times, I think. An interesting thing to do in heavy music.