Sonata Arctica should play their cover of "Die With Your Boots On" thread

Ruthven

Sep 13, 2003
Not to take anything away from Sonata Arctica's originals, but their cover of Iron Maiden's "Die With Your Boots On" is awesome. So here is my thread that they will never read but that nonetheless expresses my hope that they'll play this song as part of their ProgPower set. :kickass:

im hoping that several bands will play covers this year

mercenarys cover of cowboys from hell was pretty exciting, and im not even really a pantera fan.

In recent setlists I've seen, they did play Dream Thieves. I think they played it a couple shows in a America too.

Still no word on a cover though...I think this is going to turn out like Stratovarius in that they will play the same set every single night on the tour, and ProgPower will likely be no different.

Fade to Black would be a better song to cover since Metallica is probaly the biggest band from the States and I think this is SA's first US tour...and the cover is damn good.

Fade to Black would be a better song to cover since Metallica is probaly the biggest band from the States and I think this is SA's first US tour...and the cover is damn good.

This isn't SOnata's first US tour, and they aren't like a7x who need to play a cover of a well-liked band to get people to go wild for them.

In recent setlists I've seen, they did play Dream Thieves. I think they played it a couple shows in a America too.

Still no word on a cover though...I think this is going to turn out like Stratovarius in that they will play the same set every single night on the tour, and ProgPower will likely be no different.

They played the tune live in Europe, I'm not sure they played it here in the States. I know for certain they didn't play it here in NY.

Amazing power metal song.

I disagree with this. Hopefully, the PP set will be longer than most of their regularly scheduled tour dates. Also, SA strikes me as a band that is willing to compromise a bit and give the fans a more "special" set, whereas Stratovarius strikes me as an "our way, or the highway" type band. I may be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

As far as covers go... I'd rather hear no covers from SA. They simply have too many songs I want to hear, and certainly don't need to pull out a popular cover to gain the crowd support, as I'm sure they'll already have it.

Either did Mercenary, but look what it did for them?

What did it do for them? Gain new fans? Becuse of a cover? Im not sure about that. The crowd went nuts when Glenn did his thing. The mashing was just a few people and did not last...

I dont need to see Sonata play a cover. But if they have to I Want Out would be just fine...