Sonata Arctica

EmpiricalDeath666

The Evangelist Slayer
Apr 29, 2005
Hell
I just saw them in concert on April 21st and they were fuckin awesome! The best band I have ever seen live and I've seen Children of Bodom live. (for those of you who dont know, bodom is fucking flawless live) I just want to know who likes em or who hates em etc.

Sonata Arctica is awesome. I saw them on April 14 which was the second ever US show. The show that I saw them at they were opening for the almighty Overkill at BB Kings in New York City. I got to the venue figuring ok this is Overkill's show so Sonata will play for about 30 minutes and then it will be time for Overkill. Boy was I wrong. Sonata played for a full hour and twenty minutes and kicked everyones ass. Suprisingly they had a ton of fans there too. This power metal music is really picking up in America. I was so impressed with Sonata and satisfied that I bailed after the first 5 Overkill songs (had to stick around for "Rotten To The Core") but then saw Overkill again a week later and stuck around for the entire set. I own Ecliptica, Wintersheart Guilde, and Reckoning Night by Sonata. All three albums kick ass and I plan on soon picking up the rest of their collection. After witnessing what I witnessed in NYC with that audience the band had to be knocked off their feet. They will be back.

I saw them at Jaxx on April 13th and wasn't disappointed except that they only played one song off the Silence CD, which is the only CD of theirs I own. The singer is one of the best in the world and they play great together live without blowing out your ears. Yeah, they kinda do remind you of some glam metal with their ballads and love songs.