Sondwave Thread

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
OK all - here's the place to post info, setlists, merch, footage, pics, etc etc. re the current Austalia tour.

I'm seeing the show here in Adelaide next week on the 27th but there's 3 shows before that........ post stuff here!!!!!!

OK.... seeing as my thread has been inundated with posts (!!) I've found a setlist from Brisbane. Only 8 songs.... apparently the set was cut short by 20 mins due to technical issues. Here's what they played.

What Doesn't Die, Got the Time, Caught, Fuelled, Antisocial, Indians, Only, Bring the Noise.

No new stuff and no real surprises either. But a killer set given the restricted set time. 6 days till Adelaide :headbang:

Yeah, shame their set got cut short, and they should've been on one of the headlining stages anyway!

I would've loved to have been at Sydney Soundwave today, but unfortunately I'm really tight on money at the moment.

I saw Anthrax twice at the Metro on the WCFYA tour, and it was awesome.
I just hope John is back for good, so they'll tour here again.

New Noise?

Wow.

Saturday can't come soon enough... and then ladies and gentlemen... FAITH NO MORE!!!!!

Timmy - see you there man. Gonna be a hot one too - 37 forecasted

New Noise is a Refused song. It's a cover. BUT, it's also a song that was going to be on Worship Music. They recorded it with Dan Nelson and played it live a couple of times with Dan Nelson too. So, this MAY be a sign that John's going to do the album for sure. But then again it's a cover and not an original.

...heh ...they went all the way to Australia to play cover songs...

here's one...

...well, the most important thing is that John is there with them...and they seem to be having F-U-N!!!

T:)

T:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they have about 4 days off in Australia between gigs. Most bands rarely ever get to go to Australia and when they do, they usually don't have time to check out the country (or continent, I guess! LOL). Pretty cool that the guys get time off to check stuff out. And maybe they'll spend some of the 4 days working on a new song for the set or something? We can hope! Or at the very least, they get to spend some more time with John and maybe work things out more for the future!

Scott mentionned on Twitter that 4 out of 5 members of the band went to see AC/DC... who didn't go? John? Start the rumours!!!!

Scott mentionned on Twitter that 4 out of 5 members of the band went to see AC/DC... who didn't go? John? Start the rumours!!!!

Probably was John that didn't make it. He brought his wife and kids with him to enjoy the trip and the 4 days off.

Mates of mine saw FNM last night (separate sideways show) and said they were utterly amazing.

FNM Setlist from Melbourne Sideways show (last night)
1. Reunited
2. From Out of Nowhere
3. Land of Sunshine
4. Be Aggressive
5. Evidence
6. The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
7. Chinese Arithmetic
8. Last Cup of Sorrow
9. Cuckoo for Caca
10. Easy
11. Ashes to Ashes
12. Midlife Crisis
13. Surprise! Your Dead
14. King for a Day
15. Caffeine
16. Epic
17. Just a Man
18. Chariots of FireStripsearch
19. As the Worm Turns
20. This Guy’s in Love with You
21. We Care a Lot

fnm were amazing in sydney sideshow,thats the main reason i didnt go to soundwave,id rather see them on there own,funny thing though at fnm gig it almost seemed like every 3rd or 4th person had an anthrax shirt on,they really do have amazing support here,pretty cool!

Great to here man. Yer in Adelaide we are not getting (hardly) any sideshows but that's to be expected. We've always been the in-between city when big Festivals tour nationally.

Anyway my mates in Melbourne saw FNM last night and are seeing them again tomorrow at Soundwave.

We get to see them on Saturday. I ripped out my old MMD Tee from storage. Can't fricken wait!

Here is what he actually wrote:

"4/5 of Anthrax are in line to buy AC/DC merch. Fuck yeah".

Big difference...and who cares???

Actually, I absolutely don't give a fuck... but you know, people go crazy over the most insignificant details and turn them into rumours... I was just making fun of the whole situation... it wasn't meant to be taken seriously :loco:

Cannot wait. Baroness, Anthrax, Meshuggah, FNM are my must sees for the day. Also keen on Clutch too actually.