2015 Underworld N.A. tour thread

yeah! looking forward to seeing what the setlist winds up being. I'll be seeing them in Charlotte on Oct 15th.

ok so the show started off exactly how I expected: They played all of Underworld from Nevermore through To Hell and Back. The second half of the show was Of Sins and Shadows and then 3 songs off of Paradise Lost (setlist.fm says they played End of Innocence, but it was Eve of Seduction). The encore was Iconoclast.

Nevermore
Underworld
Without You
Kiss of Fire
Charon
To Hell and Back
Of Sins and Shadows
Serpent's Kiss
Eve of Seduction
Set the World on Fire
--
Iconoclast

Setlist.fm also says they played Overture, but they didn't. There was a really short choir bit that didn't sound like it was part of Overture, and then they went right into Nevermore.

Kind of what I expect for the opening show of the tour promoting Underworld. Was surprised they focused the second half of the set on Paradise Lost rather than Iconoclast. Was disappointed we didn't get anything from V or Odyssey, but not surprised.

In the end, a fun show.

upon closer inspection, the intro they played was actually the first minute of Overture, I guess I just didn't recognize it.

What do you mean? One thing I noticed in To Hell and Back was that Russ replaced some of the "things" with "shit." :)

I mean like in the verses to Underworld and the pre solo
serious/anger part in Kiss of Fire-does he just sing it straight up or is there an effect added ot his voice like on the track?

What do you mean "things"?

I mean like in the verses to Underworld and the pre solo
serious/anger part in Kiss of Fire-does he just sing it straight up or is there an effect added ot his voice like on the track?

What do you mean "things"?

It sounds like somebody is growling in the background during Kiss of Fire bridge.
I'm sure he just sings in his aggressive style live and the difference isn't too important.

Yeah he just sings aggressively, no effects. He also clearly says "furious" and "flaming."

By "things" I mean the word "things." Russ likes to be a rebel and replace it with "shit" when he can.

It was always one of my least faves of their golden era, but after hearing it 13 thousand and 42 times, I have zero interest in hearing it again!

This is the only track from before PL in the list... Wow.

I appreciate that and maybe one day I might be there, but as I mentioned elsewhere all Symphony X is new to me as I bought my !st album only this year (V) and became hooked.

Yet to see them live but all that is set to change next year as they have now announced UK dates for February whoop whoop :D

Bristol is the local venue for me but I am leaning towards Manchester as this is always a great city to visit and I prefer to make a break away around gigs. Especially as my long suffering wife hates rock music, but goes along with it for the trip away.