Song lyrics...criticisms, comments, flames?

Thanks, led...these two songs were written recently, so I've incorporated a lot of stuff from my poetry unit. If I ever find any of the lyrics I wrote back in 8th and 9th grade, I'll post them so you can all see how atrocious they are.

Yeah, I noticed the Burnt Offerings thing...wanna see REAL unoriginality? Count the number of metal bands with "dragon" in their names.

Dragonland, Dragonlord, Dragonforce, Dragonheart, Dragonhammer, ah, that's all that I know that begin with dragon. I can't think of any that end or have dragon in the middle. How about all of the bands that have dream in their name. Oh yeah, there's a lot of them.

Dawn Of Dreams
Dream Evil
Dream Theater
Dreams Of Sanity
Dreamtale
Dreamtide
Jacobs Dream

How about "night"?
Blackmore's Night
Midnight Sun
Night In Gales
Nightmare
Nightshade
Nightwish

I'm beginning to sense a lack of inspiration. If I get my band back together, we really should come up with an actual name at some point...I'm thinking Sociophobia.

Or Dragon Dreams, or Dreams of Dragons, or Dragon Night, or Nightdreams, or Dragons' Dream, or Dreaming Dragon, or Dreamy Nights, or Dragons of Night, or Dragons Nightdream.

:lol: all those bands need to exist.. and throw a big festival together.. the insanity!!

oh and just imagine the kind of music they would all play. hahaha

cheese.gif

Originally posted by Unregistered
Ever heard of Golgolot? Hebrew black metal thats extremely anti-christian. The question is: Are black metal bands all anti-religious, or just anti-christian?

Nah, I didn't. Thanks for saying it...that's kinda weird! I really thought most Black Metal was not only anti-christian, but anti-religious at all (except Pagan Metal Bands). Somewhat weird.

yeh those have a very 'true'/american/metallica/iced earth kinda seems like its about somthing but kinda not. but i think thats probably what you want as you have a met avatar, quote dave mustaine, and like iced earth a bunch. kudos.
-neal

Yeah, most of my stuff is pretty 80's American...I've written a couple things that were more epic, and a sentimentialish ballad or two, but mostly the "images of death and destruction (sometimes with moral message)" style that was so popular among the Bay Area thrash movement.

I've got more, but does anybody else have lyrics to post? I'm interested in seeing what's going on in yer twisted minds.

Incidentally, the Dave quote is just becaus I think the line's hilarious and I hate Ümlautley Crüe.

heres a song my friend dave wrote in high school and we actually played it in guitar class haha. i had lead vocals. this song is funny.
DECAPITATED

cut the head off
watch it bleed
watch the victim die
violently
mass murder
in the land of the free
decapitated
psychotically

my soul was bound
before my time
destined to commit
this bloody crime
growing collective
of the dead
another sacrificed
bloody head

flesh filled with maggots
fetid decay
eat to live to kill
another day
a piece of mind
is what i got
the pile of heads
grows and rots

IT FUCKING ROTS

the last line was adlibed by me when we played it :)
-neal

that shit was muthafucking COOL muthafucka!

\m/NEAL\m/

the muthafuckin king of muthafucking death metal muthafuckas!

That cd rules. I don't usually like live versions of songs better than the original, but Evil Never Dies has so much more energy on WE than YoD.

-mike-

Cd one being Wrecking Everything and cd two being Years of Decay (which I had mentioned earlier).

¤mike¤