SONG SURVIVOR: DEATH - LEPROSY - FINAL ROUND

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SONG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I've heard a whole bunch of the "their stuff is too simple" jargon. Other people I know either hate Chuck's vocals or the scales Chuck typically uses.

Why not both.
No comparison for me. high school sports =/= the big leagues. Two bands from two different tiers. One released nothing but classics and falls right under the definition of what Phyl constantly uses to describe the other band. I can not like Death, that doesnt change the fact that they released 6-7 bonafide classic that are widely considered near flawless. To say the same thing about the chasm means either your a)lying to yourself or b) just an unrealistic blinded fanboi

Chasm's discog is at least pretty consistent. No flat-out bad albums from them.

you've heard people complain about Death being too simple? :lol: Man i read something new here every other day. Its like this forum lives in some kind of twisted alternate reality.
Yep, no jokes. Typically it comes from people with a chip on their shoulder. I think one of the guys I know who said that was a massive Nile fan, so mustn't think Death measures up to them or something.

Chasm's discog is at least pretty consistent. No flat-out bad albums from them.
their first two albums are pretty much garbage. And if i were to make a list of bands that havent released a bad album i can type one out that surpasses a whole page here. Doesn't mean shit really. Death not only didnt release a single bad album, their whole discography is filled with nothing but greatness. Now that's something not many other bands on this planet can claim, especially the chasm.

When I've heard people say that they usually mean their first 3 albums as being too simplistic.
first three albums were far from simplistic in the friggin late 80's. I've never heard anyone ever say their stuff was simplistic, they were always ahead of their time. That would be like people claiming death metal was simplistic when they first heard it back when it was born, when in realty people said the exact opposite of the genre. Nothing about SBG was simplistic in 1987 and was pretty mindblowing for it's time.

Reactions: jimmy101
It's usually some total fucking faggot. I've had legit debates about Death with random dudes on the train when I used to skateboard and catch public transport into the city. People with no sense of history, who think the most hyped tech thing released that year blows everything else from the past away.

You get the same thing with brutal death fans. "THAT DEATH SHIT IS WEAK BRO, IT'S NOT HEAVY ENOUGH."

I grew up around retards like this. I think it happens when someone seeks a certain gimmick and they eventually lose all moderation. It's either the most tech or most brutal or in the case of grindcore the fastest thing ever or they just don't care about it. I know a few musicians and they're some of the most insufferable people for this, if they can play the music they think it's shit and easy to play.