SONG SURVIVOR: When Dream and Day Unite

hhhhhhhhhh???????????????????????????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'll attempt to familiarise myself enough to participate. i notice this has a 2.98 average rating on RYM lol, even dream theater fans hate this one?

I'm looking forward to having a reason to bump them to the top of my listening playlists though. Similarly, I hope we do a Rush discog game for the same reason.

Oh my God, Rush would be torture but I would be more than happy to do that poll. I would need 200% clarification on how the scoring works for those though before I do it.

Edit: Actually, crimsonfloyd is a Rush fan so he might be willing to do it

I would make it more interesting, like, you have to include one album from each decade or something because otherwise people will just stick to the 70s material like normies

For me it would be a good excuse to properly delve into their post-70's material. I've done some exploration but not as much as I would prefer. You've definitely influenced me a lot to go and check out that material.

For me it would be a good excuse to properly delve into their post-70's material. I've done some exploration but not as much as I would prefer. You've definitely influenced me a lot to go and check out that material.

Some of that material is better than the 70s stuff. Geddy's bass work really shines on those records. Presto is an underrated masterpiece. Omni is a normie when it comes to Rush. I never understood her reasoning when it came to their material. I never thought she was a true fan.

Reactions: CiG
I'm definitely not going to do their discography, I was only planning on doing this one but I'll do I&W and Awake if the demand is there.

i'll attempt to familiarise myself enough to participate. i notice this has a 2.98 average rating on RYM lol, even dream theater fans hate this one?

It's neglected because the production is worse and the singer isn't LaBrie. Anyone that legitimately enjoys the other two Moore albums should at least find something to enjoy in this one imo.

Reactions: The Ozzman
We should definitely do a song survivor for The Astonishing.

"Status Seeker" and "Ytse Jam" are easy picks for me. After that, I guess I'll join the "The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun" dogpile, although I like the atmospheric intro a lot.

Still haven't heard The Astonishing. I actually liked the first single they released, but 2.5 hours or whatever is way too fucking much.