song writing idea

neverpurify

May 24, 2004
I've been thinking about song writing lately and wondering when I am going to come up with an idea that I actually like. seems like it's not happening these days. what if we just throw an idea out there and everyone that wants to participate writes a song based on a certain theme? no rules, any type of music that comes to mind. good idea or bad?

I think it would be a lot of fun to see what everyone would come up with. if enough people are interested and have as much spare time as I do then I'll throw an idea out there

good idea,
reminds me of a music project i once read about.

the whole concept was that a group of musicians would get together, then go off on their own and the challenge was to write and record a full album in a day, no ifs or buts about it. then at the end of the day, or the next day they get together and have a little party and compare their work.

anyone who had not completed an album (of a certain minimum length) in the allotted timeframe would fail.

the guys that did this said that it was great.

i suppose most musicians spend far, far more time "talking" about writing music than they do "writing".

I'm not telling you:heh::heh::heh: but books, newspapers, etc usually give me ideas to write about. And you got thousands of topics for any kind of music to write about.

Today I read that a killer of 5 people was shot and killed in his car before returning to prison while a permission. Relatives of the victims are glad now he's dead as he had the hobby of sending the fams cards as a reminder he was still alive. Goood song¿:eek: