Sympony X Song Meanings Web Page Idea

CantoX

Mar 10, 2006
Kuwait
www.myspace.com
Hello fellow Symphony X fans, my name is Yousef and I don't post often but I read in this forum frequently!

Three days ago I heard this new song (to me) by Symphony X called The Haunting and I was wondering what this song meant, and at the same time I was learning HTML and CSS at school. I borrowed a book from one of my teachers and now have constructed a simple website, but I did not have any idea on what the website could be about, then I thought of The Haunting and it came too me. What if I made a webpage that would help explain the meaning of Symphony X songs.. it would help more people to understand Symphony X songs better and maybe attract more people to like Symphony X.

I've made a website ( it's not the final ) on this topic, and would like to show it to the Symphony X fans. My whole idea is too get opinions and post them in this website to try and develop an idea for what some of the Symphony X songs mean. I would also like input on the website, and even opinions on how I can make it better.
Also, once the website design is completely done and if the idea is well received, I would like to post an email address so that you can send in your ideas on the songs and so that I can add them to the site. I was even thinking if the idea of the web page was good enough, it could be posted on the Symphony X website or even just on the forums.

This is the site design idea for now:
http://yousef348.bravehost.com/Experiment.html

You can click through the different Albums and you can even click on Of Sins And Shadows to show you how the layout will be on each page.
This is not the final website provider that I will be using for this webpage, so don't mind the ads.

What do you think? Is this webpage worth-while?

UPDATE 3-31-2007

I have now made the website, this is the official website and in the contribute section there is an email address where you can send in your song meanings. Please help the site grow. I will be adding in my own meanings within the next couple of days.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them in this forum/pm me/email me.
Thank you!

http://symphonyxsongmeanings.110mb.com/

Just noticed that, lol
I just scanned through some of the comments, there are not that many, and most of them are spam or opinions on the song, not the actually song meanings.

This web page is a good idea, I am now working on another template that is much simpler and may be easier to navigate, as soon as I am done I will show it in this post!

Thanks

You know, I never really realized just how ridiculously epic some of the lyrics are on TiO. I mean seriously, this morning, I was actually paying attention to the lyrics of In The Dragon's Den (rather than the fact that the drums sound like they were recorded in a bathroom) and I rofl'd a bit.

When I'm sitting in class, listening to some SX quite happily, I tend to get much too into it and start singing along. You never know how cheesy until you're told.

Great idea imo, Symphony X lyrics and metal lyrics overall are seriously underrated. It can be hard to realize this idea though, with the kind of lyrics this band writes, a danger is that the interpretations don't do the songs justice. Sometimes when people 'interprate' the song they just name what story/movie/poem the song was based on etc. which does not equal an interpretation at all imo. What i'd like people to do is make an effort in trying to describe the intellectual and metaphorical essence in the songs, seen from a larger context, but as i said i think it can be pretty hard and to do it properly could require some serious insight into things.

Good luck with your project, someone who makes an effort to try and raise the interest in lyrics of metal music will have my support.

Great idea imo, Symphony X lyrics and metal lyrics overall are seriously underrated. It can be hard to realize this idea though, with the kind of lyrics this band writes, a danger is that the interpretations don't do the songs justice. Sometimes when people 'interprate' the song they just name what story/movie/poem the song was based on etc. which does not equal an interpretation at all imo. What i'd like people to do is make an effort in trying to describe the intellectual and metaphorical essence in the songs, seen from a larger context, but as i said i think it can be pretty hard and to do it properly could require some serious insight into things.

Good luck with your project, someone who makes an effort to try and raise the interest in lyrics of metal music will have my support.

Thank you!
This is what I'm trying to do, to bring awareness to people on how significant and thought out some of these lyrics are. I'm searching for intellectual opinions to help influence people in liking the band Symphony X more and more, and to bring more people into liking them because they are a great band.