Nuclear Blast USA SUCKS!

MeTaLMaNN1983

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2010
The differences between the German and American websites are huge. The American version is just a horrible site. As an American fan of Symphony X, I expect more out of Nuclear Blast to produce more for the band in the American version. You can't buy any albums on the American site. Why? I don't know. Symphony X is my favorite band in the world. Nuclear Blast better get things straight. Theres absolutely nothing on Symphony X on the NuclearblastUSA.com website. There's a small mention but that's it. They took the time on the German site and made a nice page for Symphony X. American version has a copy and paste from the Sym X websitye for their biography and thats it. I hope Symphony X will do something about this. Because I can't find Symphony X merchandise anywheres. I hope they find out about this and fix it.

Hoooooooooooly shit dude, calm the fuck down.

1) Symphony X was just announced about a month ago (maybe less?) as being signed to this label, so they're still new. Shit takes time to happen.
2) Symphony X has not released a goddamn thing since being signed, so there's nothing at all for the label to promote yet.
3) Symphony X has released every other album through other labels, so Nuclear Blast has nothing to sell
4) Nuclear Blast doesn't seem as concerned with having a webstore that works for american audiences, which is fine because they have some kick-ass distribution. You will be able to find symphony x's shit pretty much anywhere that sells cds once they have a product to sell.

Fine, the German office was more efficient. The German office also probably has more money and more staff. For example, did you know that the Saturn in Hamburg (Electronics store, much like Fry's here) has a corner dedicated to Nuclear Blast's releases that includes a fucking heavy metal throne to sit in while you listen to the new releases? Ever seen shit like that here?

Point is that you seem to be going off the deep end for nothing. An analogy here is that you've hired someone to build you a house and you came back 3 days later totally pissed that it's not ready to move into yet. Symphony X has to record an album. THEN you'll probably see a bit more on the NBUSA site.

jesus...

Pretty much what Zach said. I know, because I went through the same thing about a year ago. They signed Symphony X, and until they have an album to push, there's not really much else to do. Zach was especially right about the fact that the German side of Nuclear Blast has way more people to work with. The web dude at NBUSA is VERY busy and does great work, so cut him some slack. Damn.

I love hearing people talk about which labels do and don't suck. Who cares about labels? If you like bands, listen to them, regardless of who they're signed to. And I can guarantee Symphony X is about to see much better distribution and publicity thanks to their new deal, so quit whining, people.

I interned at the US office and I know for a fact everyone there works their respective asses off, I'd cut them some slack until they actually have something to promote and build on.

Last time I paid attention to labels, I knew Zep was on Atlantic cause the little thingy there in the middle of the album said Atlantic on it, then they made their own label, I thought that was cool... oh yeah, and something about Micheal Jackson buying Apple

But I agree they are important to a band, but as a listener I dont know what the importance is.

I fail to see how NB USA sucks compared to Inside Out (their old label) which was on the verge of going under when it was bought by Century Media. SymX is far too big for Inside Out at this point, as they require much tour support and promotion on a global scale.

Many listeners pay attention to labels for two reasons. 1) because fans want to know how their favorite band is being handled on the business side of things. Fans don't want to see their favorite band getting screwed over. Additionally, not all metal labels offer full scale distribution. When a small band whose records weren't properly distributed in the US for example, signs to a label that provides that plus US tour support, it is a relief to the fans in the US obviously. That's very important to everyone so I'm not sure why you would even ask that question in the first place.

2) because alot of times, going to a label's website or myspace or thumbing through a label's mail order catalog is a good way to discover new music.

Fine, the German office was more efficient. The German office also probably has more money and more staff. For example, did you know that the Saturn in Hamburg (Electronics store, much like Fry's here) has a corner dedicated to Nuclear Blast's releases that includes a fucking heavy metal throne to sit in while you listen to the new releases? Ever seen shit like that here.

This. It's pretty much only been as of recent that NBUSA has been getting bigger and bigger since signing Testament and the like. However for a while it was always the German office being a huge monster juggernaut and the US office being a small indie label. That may very well change within the next few years, since the US office seems to be expanding by signing more North American, non-European bands. It's almost like Roadrunner in the 80s and early 90s when it was the Dutch office that had the most power until they signed Slipknot and Nickelback. Most people these days don't even realize that RR is actually a Dutch label because the US office has become such a monster in the music industry.

NB Germany's office has custom made Nuclear Blast carpeting on its floors among other things. They can basically do whatever they want over there.

That is a good point, two of my favorite nitch bands Crack the Sky in the mid 70's and Gamalon in the mid/late 80's failed to succeed because their labels failed them or really the industry failed them all together.

Still I did not find either though a label. Many times when I was younger I tried other bands on the same labels as those I liked and felt I threw away good money too, so I dont know what that means at the end of the scenero. Im certainly not going to buy other bands signed with NB because they now have signed SX.

Somehow I think most music is found by being turned on to it by a friend or a concert opener, or heaven forbid a bit of airplay on FM radio, like FM was origionally at one time doing. XM/Sirius seems to be a better player for this today.

Now you have the internet and web sites like this. I found SX and a few other progressive bands on Amazon by checking what I had missed from DT over a lax musical period in my life. I found Threshold from this very site and they were nearly as old as DT. So Im very unsure just how much of players labels are for hitting the masses, certainly better than nothing but I believe the net is changing the face of this faster than ever and better than anything in the past. All at the same time being a bit of a detriment to total earnings from music.