Songs for a failing relationship

I haven't been listening to Katatonia much myself...When I listened to them constantly I was in a state of "things can't get better"...But, everything shaped up and are looking amazing...Something I thought that would never happen. So here I am now...constantly listening to 3...story of my life.

I never understood the whole "cutting myself out of desperation/depression" thing.

Whenever I do it, it's an act of 100% fun! It's my #2 way of getting people to stand with their mouths agape in shock and awe. The preferred method is pulling down my pants and doing a spead eagle, optimally when my anus has not been washed in several days. :headbang:

Carry on, the lot of you. If you want a simple way to feel better, punch a woman's kidshitter so hard that it falls off.

You are becoming slightly violent!

I really like Nightmares by the Sea. The sound of the song could really go either way. The chorus has a very naughty feel to it, which, depending on the circumstances and emotion, could be good or bad.

I just lost a relationship which meant ever so much to me, and I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon. I can't listen to this band right now. Or anything, for that matter. Its still really soon so im in the "what the hell do i do now?" bit.

I haven't exactly broke up with anyone but had kinda big fight with my good friends and no one was covering my back and I just felt like that I want just to go and kick some guy's ass (not the friends). I started that thing my self and now I feel like they have "abandoned" me for a while by not calling etc and it feels like shit.

I have found my self thinking the line "when you have no one, no one can hurt you" and listening to Katatonia and Primordial pretty much because they get my mind off from those friends. Especially the Live Consternation gave me kinda comsy feeling because Jonas' voice is so warm and it sounds so worrying that it gets my mind away from other stuff.

Maybe best songs for this kind of situations for me is the live version of Cold Ways and The Song of The Tomb from Primordial. Also Brave Murder Day album works great.

I've had my heart broken a few times, which were some of the most lonely and helpless times in my life. I've even had a nervous breakdown were I completely lost it and figured I would never fall in love again. It happens to everybody but the most important things to do are keep your confidence up, spend lots of time with your friends and just try not to dwell on it. Time does heal all wounds, you just gotta take it day by day. Here are some albums that helped me out during those times -

The Cure - Disintegration & Wish (really fell in love with The Cure during this time, Disintegration especially)
Agalloch - Pale Folklore & The Mantle (used to drive my roommates nuts with these two)
Type O Negative - October Rust (probably the first depressing album I ever bought back in 96)
Mark Lanegan - Field Songs & Whiskey for the Holy Ghost
Alice in Chains - Unplugged & Jar of Flies
Slowdive - Souvlaki
The Gathering - Mandylion

"When you have no one, no one can hurt you" is such a bad line to live by.
It's only a bitter excuse when you're in a messed up situation, but of course you should "have" people.
Just pick them well. Don't hang out with people that are bad for you, or that hurt you.
You always have yourself, and that's the everlasting starting point to build up from.

great thread! :)

My Twin - "You used to be like my twin, and all thats been, was it all for nothing?"
The dub version really sets me off, I dont think id be able to listen to it if I were having relationship problems again

Gone - "When I was thinking this was something permanent, you were already thinking of going away"
This song holds particular relevance for me. My girlfriend started university a few months ago, so our relationship had suddenly become long distance...

Criminals - "The way I am unable to protect you..."
Hmm..What can I say, Im not really a fighter...But then again Id fight for her til death if i had to :)

Unfurl - No lyrics here, just, I dont think i could ever listen to this song again if my current relationship ever went bad

and lastly a special mention for;

Follower - "I hold your hand so hard my knuckles turns white...Father I wont make it, its the journey of a life..."
Reminds me off my own failing relationship with my dad, He moved away when my parents divorced, and doesnt really give a damn what i do with my life, itd be nice to see him once in a while :(

"When you have no one, no one can hurt you" is such a bad line to live by.
It's only a bitter excuse when you're in a messed up situation, but of course you should "have" people.
Just pick them well. Don't hang out with people that are bad for you, or that hurt you.
You always have yourself, and that's the everlasting starting point to build up from.

I agree with you in a way. The only thing is that sometimes at first, you think you are picking a good partner or good friends, but then they F you over later on. Everything else is pretty true though.

The line is pretty accurate though as well. If you do not get close to people, they cannot hurt you. The bad thing is that you cannot get through life without human interaction.

I agree with you in a way. The only thing is that sometimes at first, you think you are picking a good partner or good friends, but then they F you over later on. Everything else is pretty true though.

The line is pretty accurate though as well. If you do not get close to people, they cannot hurt you. The bad thing is that you cannot get through life without human interaction.

Yes exactly. It gets you so much further if you chose to let people in your life to help you