I saw you cry out acres of your image
Life itself does not heal me
Like a slow scenery
I'm losing all my faith

and wonderfol scene here:

When you said that life can't be what you want
And I really want everything

appreciating lyrics, appreciating music--------

Coil - Being around someone everyday for years, with an unexplanable deep attraction, and knowing you can't have them (both already in a committed relationship). Knowing someday you'll leave, and they'll never know how you felt. Bit of a weird choice & meaning, but I have an emotional connection to this song now.

I have to make a comment about this now because I must admit that I do not like the interpretation from you. I just do not like this because it means infidelity.

To be honest, I had always thought that the male was being shit on by the female, but always sticking through it because he cared about and loved her for so many years. He always treated her great with nothing being given back to him in return. I guess that maybe he finally confronts her about it after so long.

My apologies, but I just hate the thought of infidelity. Something that angers me in the strongest way.

i broke up with my girlfriend yesterday(who was a god for me)...and the only songs i can hear now is anathema-alternative 4(i know that the thread is for katatonia songs but this time just i can't..

shroud of false(cut your veins)
fragile dreams(take countless pills)
empty(smoke, drink and drive)
lost control(find a bridge and dive)
destiny(?)

also i want to add that hearing these songs these days i'm thinking about suicide...

i broke up with my girlfriend yesterday(who was a god for me)...and the only songs i can hear now is anathema-alternative 4(i know that the thread is for katatonia songs but this time just i can't..

destiny(?)

also i want to add that hearing these songs these days i'm thinking about suicide...

never consider a person as a god, for experience, because human are imperfect and false.
i'm close to your pain but, reflect first to act.
she dont deserve your life, go on, the pain will slow down and you'll find other reasons to live. plan a vacation, go away from troubles and bad memories

never consider a person as a god, for experience, because human are imperfect and false.
she dont deserve your life, go on, the pain will slow down and you'll find other reasons to live. plan a vacation, go away from troubles and bad memories

Well said.

ty for the advise.i'll try it

destiny(?)

Dude... since when is this whole life about others but yourself?
Take care of yourself man

destiny(?)

Listen man, I'm going to tell you something that I don't like talking about much, because it's very personal, and sort of embarassing. Several months ago, she whom I love made a big mistake and left me. Not going to give you all the background there, but she did, and I did not take it well. At all. It was late November, the weather was turning cold, and everything was shaping up to deep misery. December dragged on, unshakeable depression. January arrived with no relief, and finally, I guess my sanity slipped a little, and I freaked out one night, grabbed a knife, cut into my arm. (Actually, I kind of had to saw at it... ugh.) I continued this behavior for a solid months, ending up with well over 30 cuts. The last stage of this horrible depression was that I tried a hallucinogen - not a big deal, perhaps, but I have never wanted to try any drug like that, but I was so desperate to go outside of my mental state that I did it. Then, mostly out of fear of being found out, I stopped. Things got better after a while, still very sad and not a little bitter, but no longer blatantly self-destructive. (I very nearly had killed myself.)

Why did I do all these things? I think I, like you, had made her my goddess. My every thought centered around her; I related unconnected things to her; everything meant her. And it was nearly unbearable. No good can come of that (no pun intended). I thought it was the end - and it might very well have been. But the problem with despair is that you never know what's going to happen. Despair is for those who can see the end beyond all doubt (as was said in The Lord of the Rings), and one almost never can. Suicide is an act of despair. That's why it's a mistake - because you just never know. So go through your time of sadness, and grieve (it's only natural), but don't let it get too far. I know that's rather an empty thing to say to someone in your situation (I would know), but it's true. Hang in there man.

Ryan

P.S. To illustrate my point, this girl realized how bad she fucked up in the first place, realized that she loved me, too, and... well, things are looking pretty good right now. And I thought it was the very last end when she left. I was wrong. =]

Listen man, I'm going to tell you something that I don't like talking about much, because it's very personal, and sort of embarassing. Several months ago, she whom I love made a big mistake and left me. Not going to give you all the background there, but she did, and I did not take it well. At all. It was late November, the weather was turning cold, and everything was shaping up to deep misery. December dragged on, unshakeable depression. January arrived with no relief, and finally, I guess my sanity slipped a little, and I freaked out one night, grabbed a knife, cut into my arm. (Actually, I kind of had to saw at it... ugh.) I continued this behavior for a solid months, ending up with well over 30 cuts. The last stage of this horrible depression was that I tried a hallucinogen - not a big deal, perhaps, but I have never wanted to try any drug like that, but I was so desperate to go outside of my mental state that I did it. Then, mostly out of fear of being found out, I stopped. Things got better after a while, still very sad and not a little bitter, but no longer blatantly self-destructive. (I very nearly had killed myself.)

Why did I do all these things? I think I, like you, had made her my goddess. My every thought centered around her; I related unconnected things to her; everything meant her. And it was nearly unbearable. No good can come of that (no pun intended). I thought it was the end - and it might very well have been. But the problem with despair is that you never know what's going to happen. Despair is for those who can see the end beyond all doubt (as was said in The Lord of the Rings), and one almost never can. Suicide is an act of despair. That's why it's a mistake - because you just never know. So go through your time of sadness, and grieve (it's only natural), but don't let it get too far. I know that's rather an empty thing to say to someone in your situation (I would know), but it's true. Hang in there man.

Ryan

P.S. To illustrate my point, this girl realized how bad she fucked up in the first place, realized that she loved me, too, and... well, things are looking pretty good right now. And I thought it was the very last end when she left. I was wrong. =]

Ryan. That was really from the heart man, I feel you:worship: and I'd like to say that you're my new god. Wether you like it or not!

Ryan

I really understand some of what you said there, really deep stuff. thumbs up.

I never understood the whole "cutting myself out of desperation/depression" thing.

Whenever I do it, it's an act of 100% fun! It's my #2 way of getting people to stand with their mouths agape in shock and awe. The preferred method is pulling down my pants and doing a spead eagle, optimally when my anus has not been washed in several days. :headbang:

Carry on, the lot of you. If you want a simple way to feel better, punch a woman's kidshitter so hard that it falls off.

I'm getting off my own topic by a little bit here, but I can't help it. I need to add 12 to my list, as well as Sleeper. 'I cannot breathe/I am losing life/The moon paints the skyline blue/Ah, she died so beautiful' and 'If you die now, how can I then live on?/Don't give up, you must live on' are very meaningful to me right now, because of something she told me about a week ago. *sigh* I couldn't have borne to lose her like that.

Cancer? Nah, don't answer that.

I had a time when I saw follower as something to a relationship, but the meaning is of course a bit vague, like most things on TGCD.