Songs like these..?

kinitex

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2006
A new friend of mine has recently started converting me from rap to metal. So far I have found I like alot of the slower paced songs. For example...

Metallica - unforgiven 1 & 2, nothing else matters, sanitarium, no leaf clover
Shinedown - beyond the sun
Mudvayne - happy, goodbye

.... there are a bunch others but I am looking for more songs similar to the mood of these. Anyone?

Borknagar- Colossus
Bathory-Twilight of the Gods
Anthrax- Black Lodge
Hypocrisy- Slippin' Away, Until the End
Tristania- Cure
Primordial- Cities Carved In Stone

Yeah, I converted from rap to metal in 9th grade when my friend introduced from Tool...to Dry Kill Logic, and then from there I found out bands for myself. Nowadays I'm listening to harder stuff like Hypocrisy, Dream Evil, Devildriver, Children of Bodom, Into Eternity, Katatonia...etc. I'd say try out the band Bullet For My Valentine, even though they're really not that heavy.

Nevermore (I don't like them but you might)
Devin Townsend Band
Try Symphony X - Anything off of V- Mythology Suite

Of course! It was a great band!

Check out some Candlemass, my favourite album is 'Nightfall' - all songs on it are great. Find also Evergrey's album 'Recreation Day' or at least their song 'Fragments'.

kinitex said:
A new friend of mine has recently started converting me from rap to metal. So far I have found I like alot of the slower paced songs. For example...

Metallica - unforgiven 1 & 2, nothing else matters, sanitarium, no leaf clover
Shinedown - beyond the sun
Mudvayne - happy, goodbye

.... there are a bunch others but I am looking for more songs similar to the mood of these. Anyone?
I reccomend both Shinedown albums. You would probably like Black Sabbath alot. Nevermore also works, mainly Dreaming Neon Black and Dead Heart in a Dead World

Vital Remains said:
that sounds like a bad idea. Try some bathory instead

ummmm, u guys dont get it. he doesnt want to hear death metal, that will maek him go back to rap. he wants to hear some good hardrock/borderline metal.

with that said some good bands are
disturbed
mudvayne
shadows fall
killswitch engage- the end of heartache
tool
pantera

stuff like that.

blakscorpion21 said:
ummmm, u guys dont get it. he doesnt want to hear death metal, that will maek him go back to rap. he wants to hear some good hardrock/borderline metal.

with that said some good bands are
disturbed
mudvayne
shadows fall
killswitch engage- the end of heartache
tool
pantera

stuff like that.
idiot