Songs With Badass Lyrics + Delivery

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
I think most of us have songs that we really love for the content and delivery of a single line. For example, I grin every time I'm listening to Heaven Shall Burn's Counterweight and I hear "send a promise of destruction, to those who will not kneel" or when David Tucker yells pretty much anything on a Morbid Angel track.

So recommend me songs with a really great standout line or lines, both for its lyrical content and the way it's delivered. I don't care what kind of metal it is, but obviously the vocalist should be intelligible enough that you can make out the lyrics.

Youtube clips and timestamps are appreciated, if you've got the time

Hypocrisy-"When The Candle Fades". When he growls 'release your blood and fade away!', the music stops and he sounds like he's fucking gurgling his own blood. Evil as hell.

Exhorder-"Death in Vain". 'Cause of death was never confirmed. Did he really die?'. Gets really into those lines.

Pungent Stench-"Viva La Muerte"...the whole song. Especially between verses when he does the 'ow!'s and 'hey hey's'.

Not metal, but "The March of the Black Queen" by Queen, at 4:12 begins a ridiculously awesome part:

Last edited by a moderator:
Machinehead - Aesthetics of Hate (when he says "I hope you burn in hell") I'll probably get shit for liking this song, but whatever.

Kreator - Amok Run (Vocal Intro)
Kreator - Love Us or Hate Us (Most of the intro "try to tell us whats right from wrong, we don't give a fuck anyway)

Death - Zero Tolerence ("This is not a game; to be lost or won, let justice be done")

Sabbat - Advent of Insanity (most of it, just a cool track)
Sabbat - Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares (Welcome, Welcome to my domain) Such a great CD

Toxic Holocaust - War is Hell (War is Fucking Hell)

Sculptured - Taking My Body Apart (the quote near the end, "there is nothing to fear, except god, whatever that means to you; for me god is a disease)

A lot more but MA is down and I'm being lazy.

lol im just playin

Kiuas

"Across the Snows"

I know I always recommend Kiuas, but this song has some awesome lyrics and the delivery is extremely badass.

The lyrics to the chorus go:
"Bitter man, a void embrace,
Weariness towards the human race,
His soul torn to pieces by chains of despair."

Here's a few more for good measure:

"To Excel and Ascend"
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_s3xcUvHs&feature=related[/ame]

"And The North Star Cried"

The first one that comes to my mind is Amon Amarth- although there are many, one of my favourites is the last verse (3:26 onwards) of Hermod's Ride To Hel from With Oden On Our Side, especially the double tracked vocals part of Hel:

(Hermod) I have come, to bring him back with me
The whole world mourns his death
Please set Balder free
Give him back his breath

(Hel)If it's true, what you say to me
That the whole world mourns his death
If the whole world will weep
I will give him back his breath

And although Clutch aren't metal, I can't leave this thread without mentioning Neil Fallon- I love both the lyrics and the often atypical phrasing of them within the music. The most extravagant has to be the rhyming throughout Careful With That Mic from Pure Rock Fury, but if you need a metal example, his guest vocal part on Mastodon's Blood And Thunder (2:15-2:2:55) is pretty sweet.

Hatesphere - The Sickness Within
these guys have an asskicking vibe to them with cool lyrics:
I feel a sickness within
My body is on fire
Worms crawling underneath my skin
My life is wrapped in sin

I thin my blood
With bloodshed eyes and shaking hands I fill my cup
This will bring me back on top

Unleashed - This Is Our World Now:
Hunt, hunt, the battle rages
The legions of Hell are here
You can run but you can't hide
There's not even time for fear

We will hunt you down
This is our world now!
We will hunt you down
This is our world now!

Wtf, obvious contender is:

DESTRÖYER FUCKING 666 - every song they've ever done

Good examples:
Genesis to Genocide
Unchain the Wolves
Trialed by Fire
Lone Wolf Winter

Death - Zero Tolerence ("This is not a game; to be lost or won, let justice be done")

Sabbat - Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares (Welcome, Welcome to my domain) Such a great CD

Yes!

A lot of good calls in this thread.

Opening line of Blackwater Park by Opeth

"Confessor! Of the tragedies in man, lurking in the core of us all!"

is a particularly awesome moment

Also, Eaten - Bloodbath, when Tagtren screams "I'll let you taste my daughter" and shifts his voice up a notch, is so fucking evil.

Opening line of Blackwater Park by Opeth

"Confessor! Of the tragedies in man, lurking in the core of us all!"

is a particularly awesome moment

I prefer Bleak's "beating... heart still beating for the cause" myself, but that is undeniably badass. Opeth rule, fuck the haters.

I fucking love this song, and the fucking video :kickass:

I dunno, I like the lyrics for it, to me I'd consider this but that's just me

STAR...OF THE OLD...GUIDE US..BRING US HOME... 4:36-on.. but Piet in general tends to be pretty expressive in his lines throughout the whole song..

Fly on the wings of glory
Burn in the depths of hell
Your life creates the doorway
Death holds the key..AZRAEL! (4:29-4:46)

I know there's a change in the future
Follow, now the world is in changes
(I am on the line)
Never vanish, we'll be here forever
Searching for the mystical energy! (0:43-1:07)..and the second pre-choral thing with the scream must be there as well, incredible scream, but this first one is what gets me..

Deadlocked, hidebound, desperate, you all disbelieve
No trust in the unseen, you don't dream (1:06-1:21), but lots of good moments in the song..

Your legs!
Look so sexy out of context!

- 'Deathtripper', by Pig Destroyer

Yes, I'm a new world samurai
but a redneck nonetheless!

- 'A Shogun Named Marcus', Clutch