Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds and Hermod's Ride To Hel (Lokes Treachery Part 1)

Jan 17, 2006
I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but isn't STNW really Lokes Trechery Part 1 and Hermod's Ride To Hel Lokes Trechery Part 2? I was reading the Lyrics for Sorrow and if you listen to the two songs back-to-back it goes together well. Of course AA's sound has gotten better over the years with in studio work and all, but still great nonetheless. But yeah if I have the mythology wrong sorry. Looking at it from the stance of someone who knows zero Viking mythology (not that I know a lot now) Loke isn't even mentioned in Hermod's Ride to Hel. Unless if Loke's trechery Part 2 will be about Loke disguising himself as a giantess and not weeping forcing Balder to remain in Hel. But maybe again I'm just overthinking this. I dunno. :loco: Any thoughts or ideas to enlighten me?

Actually I believe you do indeed have the right idea, I've wondered this myself a few times as well. STtNW is about Loke tricking Hoðr into killing Baldr with an arrow (or spear) with mistletoe used as the tip, as that was the only thing in all nine worlds that had not vowed to not harm Baldr. "Hermod's Ride to Hel" is about, well, Hermod riding to Hel to ask Hel to release Baldr.

So essentially, yes, Sorrow is actually Lokes treachery part one :)

actually i think you may be wrong, the second part of hermonds ride to hell is that Loki dresses up as an old woman and when the whole world weeps, loki doesn't so balder doesn't go free. ive been reading alot of north mythology stories lately.

edit: o yeah now i see loki isnt even mentioned in hermonds ride to hell (the song) hmmm. then yeah im guessing hahah