SOULSEEK - Best Filesharing Software!!

The_Loveless

Oct 4, 2002
Germany
Visit site
Hi everybody!!!

Is someone of you using SOULSEEK????
Check it out at www.slsk.org

I have a room there called TONIGHTS MUSIC , and some of my AUDIOGALAXY friends are in this room too.. we share and trade cool Music and we all are Katatonia fans..
If someone of you is interested to join there or if someone has questions about Soulseek, please tell me :)))

it should restart, i believe.... same as if the person you're dl'ing from goes offline for a while...

Yeah, the downloads automacially resume!! No prob :))
And you can download whole folders there!!
If you search for a file and have a result, rightclick on the file and the --> Download containing folder.. Its very nice!

Originally posted by MacMoney
Direct Connect is much better.

ack... never had any luck using DC... i dunno tho, if it works for ya, that's cool... me, i'll stick with soulseek

hey, those of you using soulseek, come and visit the Tonight's Music room and hang out, eh?

Originally posted by At The Gates
No it's not. Direct connect is better.

Glad that DC works for you. It doesn't for me. Right now, I'm running linux, and trying to get DC running on linux takes far more effort than I'm willing to give it... When I was using Windows, I tried DC, and didn't much like it. So, glad you enjoy it, but I'll stick with soulseek, thanks. :D

Originally posted by At The Gates
If it doesn't work for you you are obviously doing something wrong.

gee, you're an asshole! allow me to rephrase 'not working for me' - i find soulseek to be more convenient to use. for one thing, as i said, i'm running linux - DC4Linux is a pain in the ass. Pyslsk isn't. All DC is is a souped up version of IRC with an identity crisis. IMHO, that is. as i said before, if you enjoy and can get good results out of DC, i'm glad. i don't like it and i feel that i have better luck getting files on soulseek. now please stop acting so damn superior. i do know what i'm doing, thank you very much, and i've chosen to use soulseek.

Originally posted by elric
gee, you're an asshole! allow me to rephrase 'not working for me' - i find soulseek to be more convenient to use. for one thing, as i said, i'm running linux - DC4Linux is a pain in the ass. Pyslsk isn't. All DC is is a souped up version of IRC with an identity crisis. IMHO, that is. as i said before, if you enjoy and can get good results out of DC, i'm glad. i don't like it and i feel that i have better luck getting files on soulseek. now please stop acting so damn superior. i do know what i'm doing, thank you very much, and i've chosen to use soulseek.

Amen :lol: I go for Soulseek too, lots of good music and nice people :)

Originally posted by my dying groom
Then you're obviously doing something wr... *runs away*

:p

i'm bored, eh? and a geek... switching operating systems is a way to amuse myself... maybe i'll install BeOS next or something :p

Originally posted by elric

Calm down a little. I wasnt trying to put you down. I didn't specifically point you out, did I?

I was referring to others who can't be bothered with learning how to use DC.